After GED, where do I start?Opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc6922

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, after I take the GED test and recieve my GED transcript, than what?
College of course, but what should I try to major in? I know that it doesnt really matter what you major in for your undergrad, aslong as you graduate with a good GPA..But wouldnt it be wise to take classes that are required to enter med school? like biology ect. ?

Also, what are my chances of a University accepting me with a GED?
If a university does not accept me, I plan on attending a Community College.

I just need opinions and advice/tips regarding pursuing a carrer as a doctor.

Tell me anything and everything...

Courses I should take..
Study tips...
Tips to help determination, sence a lot of people out there try to wreck your dreams by saying you "cant" do this or cant do that... lol..

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

um I really do not think it was necessary to make a new thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, after I take the GED test and recieve my GED transcript, than what?
College of course, but what should I try to major in? I know that it doesnt really matter what you major in for your undergrad, aslong as you graduate with a good GPA..But wouldnt it be wise to take classes that are required to enter med school? like biology ect. ?

Also, what are my chances of a University accepting me with a GED?
If a university does not accept me, I plan on attending a Community College.

I just need opinions and advice/tips regarding pursuing a carrer as a doctor.

Tell me anything and everything...

Courses I should take..
Study tips...
Tips to help determination, sence a lot of people out there try to wreck your dreams by saying you "cant" do this or cant do that... lol..

Thanks,

major in spanish. that will show you as diverse. then take organic, gen chem, physics, and 2 years biology. oh and calculus

next shadow 5 doctors, volunteer 1000 hrs in an ED, then do a couple years research. keep you GPA above a 3.7 and score a 38 on the MCAT.

Then come talk to me.

major in spanish. that will show you as diverse. then take organic, gen chem, physics, and 2 years biology. oh and calculus

next shadow 5 doctors, volunteer 1000 hrs in an ED, then do a couple years research. keep you GPA above a 3.7 and score a 38 on the MCAT.

Then come talk to me.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Major in whatever it is that you like, just in case you do change your mind. Yes, it might seem strange now that you could ever reconsider your career goals, but trust me, it'll probably change a few more times before you settle on medicine again or even something else.

lol...um, ive seen multiple people here on sdn that took the MCATs and got accepted into a med school and only scored a 30... :laugh:

Maybe there full of crap..Maybe not..

Anyways..Spanish is not my thing lol.. Thanks for the opinion though. Always appreciated!

yeah I tried.

okay how about this. what are your interested in?

you've already stated that you suck at math, so that rules out a math major, chemistry major and physics major, engineering and business.

so you are left with Biology, History, English, and Art. Which one shall it be?

Thanks Camo!

Well im interested in Biology, and im sure a major in biology would look good when it comes to getting accepted to a med school. It will most likely be Biology.

Im also interested in "Communications"... So thats also an option.

Decisions,Descisions...lol

Communications is good, but biology is better. I am a bio major and I love it. Anyways, either one will be fine, if you choose the previous make sure to do well in the science pre reqs. Best of luck.