After graduation courses effect on gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sgeramy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i am a canadian student at Ryerson university looking to apply to a DPT program next year. Im entering my last year, however I would like to take some courses to increase my pre-req GPA. Im taking a gap year to do this while also studying for the GRE.

I was wondering if my GPA will be locked as soon as i graduate? (i.e. should i graduate or should i prolong my graduation).

also im not gonna be able to take an anatomy course (its an elective for my program) prior to my graduation can i take it after i graduate?

Sorry for the dumb questions but i cant seem to find a solid answer online

Members don't see this ad.

Your post-bac GPA is not calculated into the overall GPA on your application. As for your anatomy course, I am not sure how that would work if you take it after you graduate. I would assume it would impact your pre-req/ science GPA but not your overall.

GPAs
That's not true. All of the post-bac credit courses are included in your cumulative GPA. Additionally, you can take pre-requisites following graduation (ie. a non-traditional student or student with a major outside of the common pre-pt ones who may be lacking pre-reqs).

The link you posted also states this:
  • Overall Cumulative: GPA includes all undergraduate, postbaccalaureate, graduate, and professional courses

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's not true. All of the post-bac credit courses are included in your cumulative GPA. Additionally, you can take pre-requisites following graduation (ie. a non-traditional student or student with a major outside of the common pre-pt ones who may be lacking pre-reqs).

The link you posted also states this:
  • Overall Cumulative: GPA includes all undergraduate, postbaccalaureate, graduate, and professional courses

You're right. I apparently didn't read closely enough. I deleted my previous post to avoid any confusion from my bad answer :smack:

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys so much for the help!!

I love this website