Air Force c/o 2021 HPSP- MEPS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mroerdh22

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

First, congrats to all those who received the 4 year- HPSP for the AF this past week. I am excited to one day serve alongside you!

Now, for my questions: I have read tons of different boards about MEPS and how drawn out the process is. I have no major medical issues, i'm on pretty routine medications, and I have not been hospitalized for any reason. My recruiter did make a stink that I am underweight by about 10 lbs. for my height. He said to try and gain some weight before I go to MEPS in two weeks. I can try but it's slightly unrealistic. Is this going to be an issue at MEPS? Does it require a waiver? I did denote my weight and height on medical prescreen and it didn't seem to be an issue then.

Also, any other knowledge or advice you have about HPSP or MEPS would be greatly welcomed! Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey congrats on getting the scholarship! I'm doing my MEPS soon, can you tell me a little bit about it?
 
Last edited:
So doing MEPS in a few weeks...what is the chance of getting the scholarship for starting medical school this year? I already have an acceptance.
 
Have you already accepted the HPSP scholarship?

I think he means he has an acceptance to med school, not the scholarship yet.

So doing MEPS in a few weeks...what is the chance of getting the scholarship for starting medical school this year? I already have an acceptance.

Medical recruiting is vastly different from dental recruiting, and you are currently in the military dentistry subforum- your best bet is to head over to Military Medicine and ask there: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/military-medicine.72/

That said, most of my pre-med friends who have gotten a LOA have been granted a scholarship. It is almost automatic.