Air Force COT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's the ribbon for enlisted basic training honor grads. I don't believe it's worn for OTS DGs.

Definitely bring your printer. They won't let you use thumb drives, but you will be given hard drives you can use to transfer files to your personal laptop to print. Their printers were always out of toner and paper, so my flight used this process to print out stuff all the time. People were jealous that I had a printer for us to use.

COT class 09-04 is done! I am so tired, but I am happy to be home. The heat is terrible now in Ala. so get ready to deal with that. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Does anyone know if this is the right ribbon for DG? I wanted to order one now before I forgot about it, but I wasn't sure...

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/bmt_honor.shtml

Good luck COT class 09-05! You will do great!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I've been reading all the posts here about COT. I am applying to the AF and hopefully I will be going to COT next year. I was looking for some blogs and info on the subject when I came accross this website. I was wondering if you know if Biomedical Lab Officers go to a different training after COT. I am also really curious to find out about the PT and ropes test. I have been working out, but my upper body strenght is pretty bad. How many push ups were you able to do at the end of COT? What about the ropes course? Is it as scary as it looks?

I didn't make it through the monkey bars and I'm sure there will be others that can't make it either. Don't worry about it. Just try your best.

Sorry Jolie South.. I was trying to send a message to you.. but I have no idea how to or if we can send it to a specific person.. I am pretty new at this :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Going over the OIs would probably be the most productive thing. They cover marching and pretty much all procedures that you'll need to know.

That being said reading the OIs ahead of time is easier said than done. I tried to do it last year and they made little sense to me as I had no context for them yet.

Are we able to get any reading material ahead of time?? To study I mean..

Hi,

I've been reading all the posts here about COT. I am applying to the AF and hopefully I will be going to COT next year. I was looking for some blogs and info on the subject when I came accross this website. I was wondering if you know if Biomedical Lab Officers go to a different training after COT. I am also really curious to find out about the PT and ropes test. I have been working out, but my upper body strenght is pretty bad. How many push ups were you able to do at the end of COT? What about the ropes course? Is it as scary as it looks?

I think I came in doing 10 or so and worked up to like 20 something by the end. It was good enough to get good points for my age range. The run is where most of the points are. As far as work out plans before COT, I would just do abs, different pushups, and running. Seriously, that is all that matters.

If you suck at the ropes course/obstacle course, it's not a big deal. Just try your best and don't give up. You'll definitely be able to make it through ropes, but maybe fall or fail on some of the obstacles in the assault course. As far as the 3 mile run, just work up to being able to do it. It doesn't count for anything other than completion.