Air Force HPSP 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meganmeky

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone else applied for the Air Force HPSP this year? Just wondering if there are other people out there :).

Members don't see this ad.

I applied. I'm only in my P2 year, but my recruiter told me to apply anyway. Not exactly sure how it's going to work out with the year difference.

I applied. I'm only in my P2 year, but my recruiter told me to apply anyway. Not exactly sure how it's going to work out with the year difference.
I'm in my P2 year as well! Yeah, my recruiter said it wasn't a problem, but I'm not exactly sure how it'll work. I was assuming if you're selected you'd get the scholarship for both P3 and P4 year. Have you heard anything about when we'll be notified?

Members don't see this ad :)
They had said it was estimated around October 6th, but from looking at old posts on here, it's usually about a week to 2 weeks after the estimated time. So hopefully I hear in the next week! Mine was strange because the normal HPSP pharmacy recruiter went on maternity leave so I had to work with a nursing recruiter and he said our timing is way different than theirs.

Okay, my recruiter said the same! Fingers crossed we hear back soon.

Reactions: 1 user
2017 Air force pharmacy HPSP, Has anyone heard back about results yet???

Nothing yet...Hope it doesn't take too much longer!

I will post in here when I find out, hopefully this week. Good luck!

Hey guys! I’ve also applied this year, I’m currently a P3 but I started my application as a P2. I feel like I’ve been waiting an eternity anybody else feel that way? Good luck to everyone!

Nothing yet here. I was told October 6th was the estimated date, so that means I'm three days away from stressing for an entire month! Hopefully we all hear back soon! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many spots the AF had this year for pharmacists HPSP?

Hopefully this is the week. Has to be right? haha

Oh god now I’m nervous for tomorrow... :( lol

I literally got a phone call to "update me that they had not heard anything yet". I feel like it was a cruel joke haha

Reactions: 3 users
Another week with no news. Maybe next week lol

I definitely agree if it isn’t next week then I don’t see them making the announcement till after thanksgiving...

I received an email from my recruiter stating "should be getting results soon. No explanation or details on the word soon." Guys it will probably be early december if I had to guess. I got very excited and then super depressed after I saw that email lol.

I received an email from my recruiter stating "should be getting results soon. No explanation or details on the word soon." Guys it will probably be early december if I had to guess. I got very excited and then super depressed after I saw that email lol.
really testing our patience here. I am trying to focus on school but cant haha

Got a call from the recruiter last week saying they'd hear something by Nov. 17. Hope that's true!!

I guess we won't hear back until December :(.

Just got an email saying:

"Given the upcoming holiday, I would imagine the selection results will be postponed at least until next week. Thank you for your continued patience with these unforeseeable delays."

Hi guys! It might be a stupid question, but what are the main reasons applicants might be denied this scholarship? Except the obvious ones (health, criminal record)

Will this be the week????????

Let me ask my magic 8 ball.... Unlikely... My sources say no... Don’t count on it... Yes!

(If at first you don’t succeed, ask ask again)

Hi guys! It might be a stupid question, but what are the main reasons applicants might be denied this scholarship? Except the obvious ones (health, criminal record)
To my knowledge the reasons you put into your question are worked out during the first few weeks of your application where they do a background check and medical screening to determine your eligibility to serve in the Air Force. After that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and based on the competitiveness of your gpa, letters of recommendation, essay and recommendation from the pharmacist that interviewed you they award the scholarship. BUT all of that depends on also the number of available scholarships. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but that’s the things I’ve heard from my health professions recruiter.

Last edited:
Anyone else get an email saying to stay motivated and no news at this point is still good news? :mad:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got another update from my recruiter. He's been notified that the board should be turning in applications by December 15th and that results could take a few days after that to be released. Maybe we will hear back within the next couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Just got another update from my recruiter. He's been notified that the board should be turning in applications by December 15th and that results could take a few days after that to be released. Maybe we will hear back within the next couple of weeks!
The board turns in application? I thought they were the ones that reviewed and decided? Who are they turning them into I’m curious now lol

The board turns in application? I thought they were the ones that reviewed and decided? Who are they turning them into I’m curious now lol
I'm assuming it means the board submits the selected applications? I don't know exactly how the process works haha. He did say that the Air Force Personnel Center takes some time to match assignments in their system, so that's why it'll most likely take a few days for the results to come out after the applications are turned in.

I'm assuming it means the board submits the selected applications? I don't know exactly how the process works haha. He did say that the Air Force Personnel Center takes some time to match assignments in their system, so that's why it'll most likely take a few days for the results to come out after the applications are turned in.

I would imagine they submit the selections and go down the list. After the wait there may be initial selectees who are no longer interested, and the alternates would need to be notified? ‍♂️

I am a very POSITIVE person but I think we are all going to get in! If we all want it this bad.... (and stress about it this much haha) and I am sure we all have great credentials, then I think we will all get in :)

Last edited:
So we won’t hear till after New Years let’s face it ☺️.

Attachments

• 4D3CDB63-58A4-427D-876A-63DA9831E3F0.jpeg
    4D3CDB63-58A4-427D-876A-63DA9831E3F0.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 92
So we won’t hear till after New Years let’s face it ☺️.
Guess we've already been waiting this long..so we can wait a bit longer!

Do any of you know when applicants who are selected usually go to COT? I know it's typically in the summer, but I wasn't sure whether you go the summer after you're selected or after you graduate.

My recruiter updated me yesterday that they will release the results on friday (12/22) but I am sure it goes along with the comment above... probably will take some time after that

The power of positive thinking!!

Last edited:
Selected! 2 year!! Congrats to everyone else when you finally hear!

Selected as well for the 2 year! Congrats to everyone who's selected! :)