Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Air Force Air Force reserves recruiter question!

Discussion in 'Military Dentistry' started by 1stlady90, Apr 15, 2018.

1. 1stlady90

Dental Student
    I am currently 1 month away from graduating dental school, I've had a bunch of job offers, residency options etc etc. I spoke with a retired Air force dentist (part-time faculty) at my school and he suggested the air force as an option after school.

My question to you is: I have done some research on becoming an active duty dentist, but their is very little to no information on becoming a reservist. I would love to serve my country, by helping fellow servicemen and women, without having to move around so much a give to much of my time away from what I would like to establish in my home state.

Can you give me some comparative differences between active duty and reserves? Who should I contact? What are the benefits (Pay, benefits, education,) as well as the disadvantages you may know? Any other information about being a air force reserve dentist can be added as well.

Thank you for your time.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.