Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Airport Delays?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Lily2, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Lily2

Lily2 Member

Has anybody flown to any interviews? What has been your experience in terms of time, new rules, etc. I heard in the news for people flying, there will be a big increase in waiting time (is it true that you have to get to the airport 4 hours before the departure time?) due to new security measures (I'm very glad they've increased it, but I'm still quite scared), such as the time to check in, deboarding, claiming luggage, etc. Thank you!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aisha

aisha Senior Member

it isnt 4; id say its more like 2 hrs wait.. also depends on what airline.. delta is porbably busier than southwest considering their layoffs... i dont think american or united have a long wait.. they arent many ppl flying on those airlines in general; thats why

4. SIXTHSENSE

SIXTHSENSE Junior Member

Just try getting there as early as you can...bring a book...I'd rather get there an hour early than have to wait 10 hours for the next flight to depart.

5. bonbon81

bonbon81 Member

be careful what you bring too - they even confiscated the nail clipper i had in my carry-on!