All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my goodness, I think that is the one of the most beautiful cats I've ever laid eyes on, @alissa14 ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Why is Weeble like this, y'all, she's broken in the head. So weird.
She's watching her tail, but I don't know why she feels she has to do so in a headstand.

1614469726750.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Why is Weeble like this, y'all, she's broken in the head. So weird.
She's watching her tail, but I don't know why she feels she has to do so in a headstand.
I say this in the most loving way ... because cats are f-ing freaks! :1devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This little outdoor bird has been repeatedly pecking an upstairs glass window pane for the past five days, hour-after-hour, day after day.

How do I safely encourage the bird go away? It doesn't look injured or infirm. What type of bird is it anyway?

I tried to shoo it away by allowing my cat to sit in front of the window - but it refuses to fly away.

My cat is going crazy and has been madly scratching the glass trying to pounce on the bird!

But the bird continues to peck at the window pane, loudly and repeatedly, peck-peck-peck.

Last edited:
  • Wow
This little outdoor bird has been repeatedly pecking an upstairs glass window pane for the past five days, hour-after-hour, day after day.

How do I safely encourage the bird go away? It doesn't look injured or infirm. What type of bird is it anyway?

I tried to shoo it away by allowing my cat to sit in front of the window - but it refuses to fly away.

My cat is going crazy and has been madly scratching the glass trying to pounce on the bird!

But the bird continues to peck at the window pane, loudly and repeatedly, peck-peck-peck.

View attachment 331868
View attachment 331869
View attachment 331870
It could be a female house finch, but beyond a possible ID, I have no idea how to help :laugh:

House finch, being territorial during breeding season. Fighting the reflection. So if you can get the reflection to go away, the bird should stop. Soap your windows or put decals/paper up, or shade the window so the sun doesn't reflect off it.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
House finch, being territorial during breeding season. Fighting the reflection. So if you can get the reflection to go away, the bird should stop. Soap your windows or put decals/paper up, or shade the window so the sun doesn't reflect off it.

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

After I covered the first window, the finch moved to different windows, and started pecking on the other window panes.

I have multiple windows in my home - facing west, east, south and north - and all of them receive lots of sunlight throughout the day.

Any other suggestions?

I don't want to do anything that might harm or stress-out the finch. My cat is an indoor only cat - so she cannot harm the finch. There are no other finches pecking on any of my windows. Just one finch!

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

After I covered the first window, the finch moved to different windows, and started pecking on the other window panes.

I have multiple windows in my home - facing west, east, south and north - and all of them receive lots of sunlight throughout the day.

Any other suggestions?

I don't want to do anything that might harm or stress-out the finch. My cat is an indoor only cat - so she cannot harm the finch. There are no other finches pecking on any of my windows. Just one finch!
Maybe get an owl decoy to scare him off? Or consider yourself blessed that finches love your home so much that they want to raise babies there!

My sweet golden boy is gone. My heart is shattered. He made it 4 months post hemangiosarcoma diagnosis with chemo. I really hoped he would make it to his 10th birthday later this month, but it wasn't meant to be. I love you forever, Beamer boy <3

Attachments

• Sun_Nov_JWW-1024-(ZF-4320-67376-1-001).jpg
    Sun_Nov_JWW-1024-(ZF-4320-67376-1-001).jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
My sweet golden boy is gone. My heart is shattered. He made it 4 months post hemangiosarcoma diagnosis with chemo. I really hoped he would make it to his 10th birthday later this month, but it wasn't meant to be. I love you forever, Beamer boy <3
I'm so sorry, Rainheart. Sending you hugs.

I’m so sorry <3 he was gorgeous. Goldens are really the best

Miss you already, little lady
Very sorry for the loss of your sweetest little lady - a truly beautiful cat!

She'll be waiting for you ... later ... somewhere ... someday.

Glad she had you as her forever Mom in this lifetime.

Sending kind and gentle thoughts to you!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users

I'm so sorry Rainheart. My boy had an emergency splenectomy, was about to start chemo, and then ruptured again, likely mesenteric. He only lasted 3 weeks post-surgery. It's been a little over a year but still miss him lots. Absolutely terrible disease.

• Care
I'm so sorry Rainheart. My boy had an emergency splenectomy, was about to start chemo, and then ruptured again, likely mesenteric. He only lasted 3 weeks post-surgery. It's been a little over a year but still miss him lots. Absolutely terrible disease.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, too </3 Are you referring to your service dog? I hate HSA.

My heart has been full lately as we have picked up a golden puppy from an awesome breeder. I'll have to share photos of her, she is 10 weeks old and named Tali <3

• Care
I'm so very sorry for your loss, too </3 Are you referring to your service dog? I hate HSA.

My heart has been full lately as we have picked up a golden puppy from an awesome breeder. I'll have to share photos of her, she is 10 weeks old and named Tali <3
I'm pretty sure your Tali is Mass Effect inspired, but I can add a super fun obscure further meaning.

In the Nightrunner Series, "tali" is an aurenfaie (basically that series' elves) language term of endearment. Basically like "beloved," and used pretty often between the main characters.

• Care
This is the face of someone who woke me up at 1 in the morning because she accidentally flipped her bed over and needed help fixing it

View attachment 334945
It’s not her fault! Beds just tend to do that sometimes. If I had a nickel for every time my bed flipped over in the middle of the night...

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My cats are useless. The one job I expect/would like them to do is eat/kill spiders in the house. Today a big-ass spider nearly walked onto my foot, I freaked out and put the cats in front of it, and they just looked at it curiously and chirped at it before wandering away. I had to get my roommate to come take it outside.

I love that my cats are cute, fluffy, and affectionate; however, you'd think they could select for those features without breeding out the brains and basic cat survival skills.

ETA obligatory pet photos

Attachments

• 9CE55C55-E757-49F9-8006-1FE49FD3AA57.jpeg
    9CE55C55-E757-49F9-8006-1FE49FD3AA57.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1EF09D8B-C24C-4340-AD50-01A75C931953.jpeg
    1EF09D8B-C24C-4340-AD50-01A75C931953.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
My cats are useless. The one job I expect/would like them to do is eat/kill spiders in the house. Today a big-ass spider nearly walked onto my foot, I freaked out and put the cats in front of it, and they just looked at it curiously and chirped at it before wandering away. I had to get my roommate to come take it outside.

I love that my cats are cute, fluffy, and affectionate; however, you'd think they could select for those features without breeding out the brains and basic cat survival skills.

My terrier is a “chase it and play with it” kinda guy rather than a “kill it” guy when it comes to bugs. So then I have to get up and save or kill the bugs myself. He’s great at locating them but not so good dealing with them for me.

• Haha
Speaking of worthless cats and bugs ... just a few nights ago I crawled into bed at 2am, rolled over to hit the light and this is what I saw! This is what nightmares are made of. Couldn’t bring myself to kill it so the lampshade spent the night outside :oops:

B0D06770-C7F1-4FBF-9FDA-02B56E8AD1E0.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

At least they’re cute 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 2 users

If it makes you feel better my cat once tried to jump to get a moth on the wall, managed to faceplant directly into the wall after pulling off an impressive two foot vertical jump (and missed the moth by ~4 feet), then fell ass first into his water bowl. He hung up his bug hunting hat after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
If it makes you feel better my cat once tried to jump to get a moth on the wall, managed to faceplant directly into the wall after pulling off an impressive two foot vertical jump (and missed the moth by ~4 feet), then fell ass first into his water bowl. He hung up his bug hunting hat after that.
Did he immediately start grooming himself and pretend like nothing happened?:D

Reactions: 4 users
Did he immediately start grooming himself and pretend like nothing happened?:D
He didn't even dignify it with grooming, literally made eye contact with me to share the message "You didn't see any of that" and then slunk off to his cat bed to pretend he had been sleeping the whole time

Reactions: 3 users
Big (little?) are happening at my house.

Meet Henry. He’s a Basset Fauve de Bretagne, which is a rare French wirehair basset hound.

(Sorry if these are huge...on mobile at the airport still.)
986E0C8B-FFB8-4228-A7AB-9433F2A986C1.jpeg
09AD3575-F06B-499A-B0D3-7A23030BB36F.jpeg

10716813-2566-4142-9EFE-A68FD244C8A7.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
I found this baby dove hopelessly struggling to move on a concrete walkway and, despite its best efforts, the dove was unable to move.

I called for help and the local animal shelter dispatched a mobile unit to check on the bird.

They said the dove had an injured wing that needed medical treatment. They wrapped it in a blanket, and transported the dove to their veterinarian for care.

Hoping this little dove can be successfully treated and released back into the wild ... where it belongs!

bird2021.jpg

• Love
  • Care
He was so cute when he was a baby. How could I pass up this face?
It's been almost a month now and I still can't believe the last time I said goodbye was the last time.
It was supposed to be a couple months, not forever.
tumblr_mw9p293IDy1suh3byo2_1280.jpg

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
He was so cute when he was a baby. How could I pass up this face?
It's been almost a month now and I still can't believe the last time I said goodbye was the last time.
It was supposed to be a couple months, not forever.
View attachment 335335
I'm so sorry Finn. He seemed like such a special dog. The expression in that photo is one of the cutest aussie faces I've seen.

Changed clinics and the new one does fundic exams as a standard part of every physical. Wobbles had retinal vessel abnormalities in both eyes. The vet is concerned about PRA. Earliest ophtho appointment I could get was in October.

Poor kid has enough of a challenging life without losing her vision on top of everything else :(

1620395557883.png

Sleeping on both me and Zenge while we watched a movie the other night, because why sleep on 1 lap when you could be in the middle and be on BOTH?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Sleeping on both me and Zenge while we watched a movie the other night, because why sleep on 1 lap when you could be in the middle and be on BOTH?
My dog does this too. If she can reach two people she will. Even if she’s only touching them and not laying on them.
also that’s insane that the earliest ophtho appt was October!!!!! Hoping all goes well with it though :(

Do you ever just look at your cats and think about how amazing they are?

One of mine is sitting in my lap cleaning himself and he has these little crinkly gray hairs in the end of his fluffy black tail that I've never noticed before. 🖤🐈‍⬛

• Love
And just think about the weird awesomeness of pets in general? There are these little fur creatures that live in our houses and play with us. It's so crazy lol

• Love
And just think about the weird awesomeness of pets in general? There are these little fur creatures that live in our houses and play with us. It's so crazy lol
Cats are smol perfect murder machines that also like to snuggle with us and I think that's magical

• Love
Meet my new baby horsey! Her name is Ducky 🦆

9F864F19-95FA-43E7-815B-2CEAEA92D489.JPG

Day she got home!

12358925-1DF8-4560-8D6F-072CF477A2F7.JPG

A small duck next to uncle Manny

IMG_5605.JPG

Already got that mare stare down pat :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: 12 users