Allergy/Immunology Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhinallergy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm an international medical student looking at doing an final year elective in Allergy and Immunology in the US, as this is a career I am interested in pursuing in my home country (a developed country like the US). Can anyone shed some light on what are the best/most prestigious allergy institutions in the US? It seems that they do not follow the standard rankings for internal medicine/med school rankings... I've heard that National Jewish Denver is #1, then Mount Sinai New York, what are the others??

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Bear in mind that a lot of "best" rankings of programs take into account things like research funding that may have no bearing whatsoever on what you want to get out of a rotation as a visiting medical student. A "less prestigious" program that has a more active clinical program or faculty who enjoy teaching might be a better experience than whatever is #1 on the US News rankings

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks drfunktacular, does anyone have any recommendations though??

And there is no US News ranking for A/I, so I would still like to know how people in the "know" would rank them.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Allergy/Immunology ....National Jewish - Denver is well regarded for allergy. Duke and Children's Philadelphia for immunodeficiency. What country are you from?