Allergy/Immunology Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rhinallergy

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm an international medical student looking at doing an final year elective in Allergy and Immunology in the US, as this is a career I am interested in pursuing in my home country (a developed country like the US). Can anyone shed some light on what are the best/most prestigious allergy institutions in the US? It seems that they do not follow the standard rankings for internal medicine/med school rankings... I've heard that National Jewish Denver is #1, then Mount Sinai New York, what are the others??

Thanks a lot!
 
Bear in mind that a lot of "best" rankings of programs take into account things like research funding that may have no bearing whatsoever on what you want to get out of a rotation as a visiting medical student. A "less prestigious" program that has a more active clinical program or faculty who enjoy teaching might be a better experience than whatever is #1 on the US News rankings
 
Thanks drfunktacular, does anyone have any recommendations though??

And there is no US News ranking for A/I, so I would still like to know how people in the "know" would rank them.

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Allergy/Immunology ....National Jewish - Denver is well regarded for allergy. Duke and Children's Philadelphia for immunodeficiency. What country are you from?