Already applied.. Thinking of applying to more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.mkitty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already applied to 14 schools.. and my question is, is it a huge hassle to send your primary application to more schools than you initially applied to? Or is as easy as going onto your amcas account, clicking more schools, and just paying the fee?
I haven't heard much about this and am very curious. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
---Ive already been verified on my amcas.

Members don't see this ad.

Just add the schools to AMCAS and pay the fee!

Reactions: 2 users
Ah, tempted to do this as well...but 31 schools should be enough:hungover:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The thing is are you willing to fly to 5+ interviews if you apply more schools -.-

The average number of schools applied to is 15 so you seem fine

Is that the average number that accepted students applied to, or is that the entire applicant pool's average? My advisor is bugging me to apply to 20-25.

Is that the average number that accepted students applied to, or is that the entire applicant pool's average? My advisor is bugging me to apply to 20-25.
I think it really depends on your situation. I don't think it's ever a good idea to just add more schools to your list so you can have some arbitrary number that is supposedly correct for all applicants. 10 is probably fine for some people. Others are probably better off applying to 20+. I am a decent, not great, applicant who has applied to 15 schools, and I do not regret my decision at all. I guess I'll have to see if I'm still saying that in May, though...

If you've got good qualifications and applied intelligently, the right 15 should be OK. But many variables factor into the equation. If you're willing to share your numbers, EC summary, state of residence and school list, you might get some better advice. I'd try the 'What are my Chances?" section.

If you've got good qualifications and applied intelligently, the right 15 should be OK. But many variables factor into the equation. If you're willing to share your numbers, EC summary, state of residence and school list, you might get some better advice. I'd try the 'What are my Chances?" section.
So, along with my MCAT which Ive already posted (517--- 128/128/131/130).. I have a 3.77 overall GPA, 3.78 science GPA. I have a semester of Organic chemistry research. College athlete. Over 3 years of nursing assistant work. 1 year of working in a group home. Volunteering for 120 hours for an underserved population, and 150 hours at another underserved population (Also other volunteering). Im a Wisconsin resident.
Those are my main stats and info.