Already married to Tennessee state resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kayak_Croc

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in Memphis dental school. I've heard they only offer in-state tuition to out of staters who get married to a state resident. I'm a New Mexico resident working on my undergrad. I recently married a Tennessee resident. Will I still qualify for that in state requirement? We plan to move to Tennessee to practice no matter what to be near family, and our wedding was in Tennessee.
Thanks
 
They do not offer in state tuition in any way to oos students. The marriage thing is a myth.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does your spouse currently reside in TN? How long prior to today have they lived there?

We are currently in our undergraduate education in Utah. She has maintained her permanent address as TN. I'm applying next summer and in April we will move to TN and she will work full time as an appraiser. Prior to now, she's lived in the same town her whole life