Already married to Tennessee state resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kayak_Croc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in Memphis dental school. I've heard they only offer in-state tuition to out of staters who get married to a state resident. I'm a New Mexico resident working on my undergrad. I recently married a Tennessee resident. Will I still qualify for that in state requirement? We plan to move to Tennessee to practice no matter what to be near family, and our wedding was in Tennessee.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They do not offer in state tuition in any way to oos students. The marriage thing is a myth.

Members don't see this ad :)
What has been your experience? I contacted admissions and they said that I would probably receive in-state tuition
Does your spouse currently reside in TN? How long prior to today have they lived there?

Does your spouse currently reside in TN? How long prior to today have they lived there?

We are currently in our undergraduate education in Utah. She has maintained her permanent address as TN. I'm applying next summer and in April we will move to TN and she will work full time as an appraiser. Prior to now, she's lived in the same town her whole life