already nervous about score..Who else?...help plzzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manutdmax

Accepted PharmD Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys I am already nervous about getting me scores..I took the PCAT yesterday ...can someone at least tell me where I will be standing with the following perferomances..

- verbal..I did OK...maybe not sure about 10
- biology was hard..not sure around 10-12
- chemistry was easy i guess...not sure about 9
- math ..WTH.. i guess 15 qs
- Reading was OK...not sure about 10 qs-14qs

can someone guess or tell me from previous experience where my composite score will be standing..thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am also kind of confused. For those of you who received 90+ percentile in some of the subtests, did you feel like you got every single question right? Or do you feel as though you could pull of a 90+ percentile while still missing a few of the questions?

I am also kind of confused. For those of you who received 90+ percentile in some of the subtests, did you feel like you got every single question right? Or do you feel as though you could pull of a 90+ percentile while still missing a few of the questions?

You can get a 90+ score while missing a few questions (not too many of course). I got a 96 on math while having to guess randomly on about five questions. I either got really lucky or the curve for that section is nicer.

You can get a 90+ score while missing a few questions (not too many of course). I got a 96 on math while having to guess randomly on about five questions. I either got really lucky or the curve for that section is nicer.

what u think about my case then...screwed up !

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeh, I took the PCAT last saturday for the first time as well and left the exam totally depresed! I felt fairly ok until the math section. I dont see how anyone can do well on that section. I have taken calc I and II in the last year and got A's on both courses and I am affraid that the math section is going to kill my composite score. Any thoughts??

Yeh, I took the PCAT last saturday for the first time as well and left the exam totally depresed! I felt fairly ok until the math section. I dont see how anyone can do well on that section. I have taken calc I and II in the last year and got A's on both courses and I am affraid that the math section is going to kill my composite score. Any thoughts??

Me too!! I got As in calc I and II and I KNOW that that will be my lowest section. I ran out of time. The test didn't have as much calculus on it as I expected.

Yeh, not only that but the questions that I did no how to do required to much calculation in to little of time. Do you think that its fair to say that the math section will be the lowest score for most people? Also, does anyone know if the percentiles are based on that specific test date?

Yeh, not only that but the questions that I did no how to do required to much calculation in to little of time. Do you think that its fair to say that the math section will be the lowest score for most people? Also, does anyone know if the percentiles are based on that specific test date?

If I'm not mistaken, the percentiles are based on the group of first time PCAT test-takers who took the test between something like 1998 and 2003...don't quote me on that though.

you guys do Realize you can get a mid 80 to low 90 composite with around a 50-60 math if you did well on all the others right?

Composite score is like a compilation of all of your section's scores... And if the school you're applying to only looks for that then you'll probably be fine. It really depends on what your school is looking for. Composites, individual sections with some cutoff, etc.

And the percentiles are calculated based on the 2007 PCAT scores. Says so in the handbook.

I did the kaplan walk-in wednesday exam and for the chemistry section I only got a 58% but somehow it predicted my score to be 434, which is pretty good.

Composite score is like a compilation of all of your section's scores... And if the school you're applying to only looks for that then you'll probably be fine. It really depends on what your school is looking for. Composites, individual sections with some cutoff, etc.

And the percentiles are calculated based on the 2007 PCAT scores. Says so in the handbook.

so from my first post and my performances,,what u think my score can be ?

so from my first post and my performances,,what u think my score can be ?

That's hard to say. You do realize that 8 questions from each subsection are not scored. I'm afraid to say that you'll just have to wait out the 6 weeks like the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's hard to say. You do realize that 8 questions from each subsection are not scored. I'm afraid to say that you'll just have to wait out the 6 weeks like the rest of us.

i guess so, i hope they do a good curve in the math section,.math was horrible

you guys need to chill and just wait, NOBODY IS GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU GET, just wait.

i guess so, i hope they do a good curve in the math section,.math was horrible

What you mean by curve. Do they do something like that? I never heard of that....well damn me...if they do. Nice.

there is no curve, if you call curve comparing to other year's grades then ok yeh its a curve.

you guys need to chill and just wait, NOBODY IS GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU GET, just wait.

Okay, here are his/her scores. These may be +/-2 points because I haven't polished the crystal ball lately.

verb - 78
bio - 67
chem - 52
read - 62
math - 85

comp 73

Congratulations!

Oh and your essay... You got a 3.

Anybody else want their scores early?

Only $9.95. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay, here are his/her scores. These may be +/-2 points because I haven't polished the crystal ball lately.

verb - 78
bio - 67
chem - 52
read - 62
math - 85

comp 73

Congratulations!

Oh and your essay... You got a 3.

Anybody else want their scores early?

Only $9.95. ;)

Trust me... your not the only one that would give up a ear (or other non-essential body part that you have a spare for) to just know how they did already.

Waiting six weeks on this grade is just about the annoying thing I have ever encountered.... and we are only on what... ? Day 3?

I guess we will all suffer together or forget about it till it just shows up one day and we go "Oh, whats this thing... when did I take a test?"

Trust me... your not the only one that would give up a ear (or other non-essential body part that you have a spare for) to just know how they did already.

Waiting six weeks on this grade is just about the annoying thing I have ever encountered.... and we are only on what... ? Day 3?

I guess we will all suffer together or forget about it till it just shows up one day and we go "Oh, whats this thing... when did I take a test?"

In my previous experience, on Fridays, I would say 1 week down, 5 to go, 2 weeks down, 4 to go...then not even think about it again until 4 weeks down, 2 to go. Then wonder if it might come a week early and then before you know it 5 weeks down, 1 to go. Then I start checking the mail daily only for it to arrive in exactly 6 weeks.