Anyone Else Interview for UT Pharmacy Class of 2022?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TittlemansCrest

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just getting super anxious waiting to hear back from UT Austin's pharmacy program. Apparently several applicants have gotten accepted since our interview date and I'm really frustrated/puzzled as to why I haven't heard anything yet or why I might not be accepted. I scored in the 99th percentile on the PCAT, have a B.S. in biochemistry from TCU, and had an undergrad GPA of 3.4 (not great but not too bad). Not to mention over 100 volunteer hours at food banks and science and history museums. as well as retail pharmacy experience and multiple jobs throughout college. I assumed I was pretty competitive based on acceptance statistics I've read online but I don't know what to do at this point. If anyone is applying to UT Austin for the 2018 Fall term I'd really appreciate some input. This was my top choice by a mile and it's really starting to bum me out.

Good luck to the rest of you and some comforting word would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Just getting super anxious waiting to hear back from UT Austin's pharmacy program. Apparently several applicants have gotten accepted since our interview date and I'm really frustrated/puzzled as to why I haven't heard anything yet or why I might not be accepted. I scored in the 99th percentile on the PCAT, have a B.S. in biochemistry from TCU, and had an undergrad GPA of 3.4 (not great but not too bad). Not to mention over 100 volunteer hours at food banks and science and history museums. as well as retail pharmacy experience and multiple jobs throughout college. I assumed I was pretty competitive based on acceptance statistics I've read online but I don't know what to do at this point. If anyone is applying to UT Austin for the 2018 Fall term I'd really appreciate some input. This was my top choice by a mile and it's really starting to bum me out.

Good luck to the rest of you and some comforting word would be greatly appreciated.
Stats seem pretty solid...so think about your other factors. How do you think you performed in the MMI, elevator pitch, and experimental exercise? Who were your LORs from, and were they strong (i.e. did you ask, literally, for strong letters)? How much time did you spend writing and subsequently editing your personal statement, and is it attention grabbing (e.g. would you be proud to let anyone read it, or post it on SDN)?

Having just gone through applications, interviews, and acceptances I've come to believe that how you present yourself in the interview is, or at minimum can be, one of the most critical factors in standing out. With the direction pharmacy appears to be heading how well you are able to articulate and communicate your thoughts or arguments is paramount. And that is precisely what is under the microscope in the MMI. You can't use answers you've already prepared and practiced like you can in a personal interview. It exposes superficial responses and rewards cerebral ones. This might sound terrible, but UT's MMI was the most fun I had in any of the interviews I attended (UH, A&M, Tech, and UT) and I knew I killed it. I've got similar stats to you (even same degree), but with no pharmacy experience whatsoever. I was accepted to all. The sort of factors I've mentioned are the things I could think of as to why.

Nevertheless, remember that the game of admission musical chairs is about to get in full swing so hang in there! If you're high on the waitlist you very well could hear from UT at some point. There are some helpful comments on another thread for UT class of 2022 as well you might want to check out.

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile