Already submitted secondaries, but just got published...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aconfusedasian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as the title shows, I was just published in a major journal which is incredible news. However, I had indicated on my AMCAS app that we had on submitted it (which was true at the time) and I have already submitted some secondaries to schools. I am wondering if there are some schools that do not accept updates in between the period of post-secondary to pre-interview invites?

I know this may be very vague but how would I find out which schools accept updates like this (I know Stanford for sure does not)?

Members don't see this ad.

So as the title shows, I was just published in a major journal which is incredible news. However, I had indicated on my AMCAS app that we had on submitted it (which was true at the time) and I have already submitted some secondaries to schools. I am wondering if there are some schools that do not accept updates in between the period of post-secondary to pre-interview invites?

I know this may be very vague but how would I find out which schools accept updates like this (I know Stanford for sure does not)?

also, for schools that I already know accept application updates, how do they view those? For example, if they receive an update on a student who has already been looked at will they relook at it in a prompt manner, or are updates not a priority when other secondaries are coming in.

Each school is different with how they handle updates. You can out find whether they accept updates pre-II on their websites. As for when/if they'll see the updates, that's also up to the school. At this point in the game they will probably just throw your update in with the rest of the materials. Remember that schools will often look at your application several times throughout the season, so I wouldn't be to worried about them missing it altogether (unless they give a prompt rejection, in which case, what can you do).