Am I at a disadvantage ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pikaboo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I want to get into a 6y OMFS program in the States or Canada (I am from Canada but studying outside North America ) and I was wondering am I at a disadvantage to someone who graduated from a dental school in North America given I have completed my boards and great score on CBSE as well as rec letters, volunteer, 3 pieces of research, and 2 shadowing positions for 2 years. I will also try to do an inter...
thank you!
 
They won't even consider your application... Foreign dentists aren't eligible for 6 year omfs. You have 5% chance to match at SOME 4 year omfs programs (4-5 programs) given that you have previous US training (GPR/AEGD) and high score CBSE. Most programs only consider US citizens or PR

Sent from my MediaPad X1 7.0 using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely helps. Some OMS program won't consider you without Citizenship or greencard

Sent from my MediaPad X1 7.0 using Tapatalk
 
Look The General RULE for OMS residency:
Most residency program want US Green card or citizenship
For 4 year programs:
- US/Canada DDS or advanced standing DDS (2years)

For 6 years programs:
- US/Canada Undergraduate degree .. Your degree should include medical/dental school required coursework (bio, chemistry, physics,...)

- Full (4 year) US/ Canada DDS

These are the general educational backgrounds required for the programs. However there are some exceptions

1- Loma Linda 4 year OMS residency for example can accept you with out US DDS but you probably must have some US dental training to seriously offer you spot in their program.

2- Some 6 year OMS residency programs have accepted Foreign Dentists without US undergraduate ,They only wanted US DDS from advanced standing program ( 2 year DDS)

To find out about these ,contact each residency program and ask their program director or program admission staff.




Sent from my MediaPad X1 7.0 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks [emoji120] appreciate the truth finally someone can actually see things this way. I'll make sure to ask and collect information.


•_• hi •_•