Am I considered a URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Middle Eastern. I can speak Farsi and Spanish pretty well. I identify with both cultures and feel like being mixed has made me a very open minded individual. I 'm a 1st generation college student coming from a low income family. I'm the first to graduate with a Bachelor's degree in my father's entire family.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Middle Eastern. I can speak Farsi and Spanish pretty well. I identify with both cultures and feel like being mixed has made me a very open minded individual. I 'm a 1st generation college student coming from a low income family. I'm the first to graduate with a Bachelor's degree in my father's entire family.
You are allowed to check more than one box on the application form for ethnic self-identity. You also have the opportunity to express the level of fluency for each language you speak. Family educational achievements and disadvantaged socioeconomic status can be described as well. Med schools like their classes to represent many diverse elements seen in the general population.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users