Am I in trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maggie0!2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my premed paranoia, I may be making a bigger deal about this than I ought to be. But I wanted to get some other opinions if possible: On my AMCAS application (submitted in July) I designated my letters as a letter packet instead of a committee letter. Is this something that will make a difference in my application? If I were to correct it with AMCAS, would it be too late?

Thanks for your help ahead of time guys. Just wondering if I’m overthinking this.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you saying that your school is sending a CL, but you mistakenly indicated that a letter packet is being sent instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Isoval @gonnif Thank you for the responses! I figured it was the case, but I felt the need to double check. Thank you again!

I agree with the above posters -- this should be a non-issue. Just be wary of individual school requirements for completion. Make sure that they know to categorize what they receive from you as committee letter so that you don't run into any issues satisfying their criteria.

Good luck!

I agree with the above posters -- this should be a non-issue. Just be wary of individual school requirements for completion. Make sure that they know to categorize what they receive from you as committee letter so that you don't run into any issues satisfying their criteria.

Good luck!

This is very true! Although, as someone with a committee packet, I currently haven't had any issues with schools accepting the packet in lieu of a committee letter, so you should be fine. If there's any confusion, email the school and they will classify it appropriately.