Am I prepared?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stateXsweetie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I prepared enough to take the PCAT? I took dual enrollment classes through all of my junior, senior, and summer years in high school. So, I have only one year of classes before I hopefully enter into pharmacy school. So, I have to take my PCAT in the fall. And I was thinking about taking the one in August so I know what to expect, then taking it again in October to do better. My only problem is I have yet to take like organic chem and microbiology. How will I do on it?

Members don't see this ad.

The organic questions are likely to be very elementary so you could buy a study book and learn the main points on your own before taking it. The same goes for micro, I think there are only 7 ish questions about micro? Anyway, if you are rocking your way through your pre-requisites it sounds like you should be capable of preparing without having taken the classes. Worst case scenario, you take it again knowing what to expect. :)

Am I prepared enough to take the PCAT? I took dual enrollment classes through all of my junior, senior, and summer years in high school. So, I have only one year of classes before I hopefully enter into pharmacy school. So, I have to take my PCAT in the fall. And I was thinking about taking the one in August so I know what to expect, then taking it again in October to do better. My only problem is I have yet to take like organic chem and microbiology. How will I do on it?
I thought in an earlier post you stated on your stats that you had an 89% on the PCAT--so have you not taken it?? FYI I'm not sure if one is ever prepared for the PCAT :) . If you are gifted chances are good that you will do well, I've had to work harder because, well because I'm not gifted. Sounds like you know what you want. Good Luck!!!