Am I submitting my application late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GBCrzzyy

The moon is just the back of the sun.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted on 7/13 but am still waiting for one of my transcripts to arrive while I got an email saying my other transcript is there yet it isn't attached to my AACOMAS app yet. I'm hoping verification won't take too long but I'm worried I'm getting my app in a little late? I couldn't submit earlier because I was trying to scrape the money together to apply. I applied to 26 schools. Assuming my primary goes through completely by the first week or two of August, am I at a bad disadvantage? Or am I just being neurotic? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on 7/13 but am still waiting for one of my transcripts to arrive while I got an email saying my other transcript is there yet it isn't attached to my AACOMAS app yet. I'm hoping verification won't take too long but I'm worried I'm getting my app in a little late? I couldn't submit earlier because I was trying to scrape the money together to apply. I applied to 26 schools. Assuming my primary goes through completely by the first week or two of August, am I at a bad disadvantage? Or am I just being neurotic? Thanks!

You'll be just fine, this process is a long and grueling one don't sweat the smaller stuff. The way I look at it, if you don't submit today are you just going to skip this whole application cycle and wait until next? I'd think not. So then why even worry about!? Not like you can go back in time and make sure everything was perfect on day 1. Sometimes things are out of your control (many times actually) and you shouldn't let them stress you out

Reactions: 1 user
It's been stated here a million times but the DO cycle is much longer. Obviously, it's nice to apply early but realistically you are fine even if you applied in a few months (even later depending on your app).

Members don't see this ad :)
As a general rule:
June - August (early)

September - November (medium)

December - January (late)

February - March/April (super late, not worth it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone!

For the gazillionth time, no.