Amazon Promise Volunteering - Peru

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrmirzae

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have wanted to join an overseas volunteering organization for a very long time now and i think the hardest part for me was to find the right organization to join. Well, after much thought, im thinking to join the "Amazon Promise" non-profit org. They do volunteering work in the amazon of Peru, which sounded very interesting and exciting. Since i speak Spanish, i thought i would be a bit more help in Peru then other places like Africa. Anyways, I wanted to see if anyone else had worked with Amazon Promise and would like to share their experiences.

Also, any thoughts or advance on my decision would be very helpful. Its my first time volunteering overseas, so i dont have that much experience and any advance from those experienced overseas volunteers would help a lot.

Anyways here is the website for the organization if anyone wanted to check it out: www.amazonpromise.com

Members don't see this ad.

Have i talked to you about AP? I think I did...but if you aren't the person, I have and I loved it...

EDIT: I can also put you in touch with past med student/pre-med/other health professionals and non-professionals...who have been down on trips. Just let me know!