AMCAS ID for reapplicants

Started by penguinol
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

penguinol

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if reapplicants will be assigned a new AMCAS ID for this coming cycle?
 
I'm not sure about this coming cycle, but I applied in 2002-2003 and this year and I had the same AMCAS ID.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the negative 1 said:
Unfortunately, yes.

WTF? In last year's user manual it said everything would propagate. Why don't they do that? My 2005 app is still in the system and everything!! 😡
 
When you re-apply to AMCAS, the only things that will carry over from the previous application cycle will be your ID number and social security number. EVERYTHING else, including address, grades, extracurriculars, etc... will have to be entered again. I remember wasting a two days last year having to re-enter all of my grades.
 
Bleah. I just logged in and it only knows limited personal information.
I love that tingly feeling when carpal tunnel starts to set in. Grrrr.

But don't you feel like secretly it knows everything about you, so if you enter something different the second time it will call you out on it?
 
Why are they changing it this year? In previous years I was told they transferred your info. WTF?!?