AMCAS Publication Listing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dittozip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those other studs out there who have been published.....

did you just list the citation on your aamcas or did you give a description/citaion.

any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Listed citation for two pubs and briefly explained my role with a brief summary of the pubs purpose. I figure if they were interested enough, they can read it themselves

my problem though is that you cant hit return adn get white space so the citation runs into the citation in a really werid way. did you have this same problem

braluk said:
Listed citation for two pubs and briefly explained my role with a brief summary of the pubs purpose. I figure if they were interested enough, they can read it themselves

Members don't see this ad :)
im confused, what do you mean hit return? I put the citations into two different work/activities listings instead of compiling it into one (if you're talking about putting two into the same listing). Aside from that, im confused what you mean by the white spaces.

After i submitted AMCAS, the printout version of my application looked perfectly fine.

ur right. what i wrote made no sense.

here is what i mean:

you listed the citation then gave an explaination of what the pub was about. all in the box that allows 1300 characters. but the problem is that inthat box you cannnot seperate the citation from the explaionation with a return. so the citation runs into the description and it looks funky.

does yours look like this:

EX:

Elstrodt F, Hollestelle A, Nagel JH, Gorin M, Wasielewski M, van den Ouweland A, Merajver SD, Ethier SP, Schutte M. BRCA1 mutation analysis of 41 human breast cancer cell lines reveals three new deleterious mutants. Cancer Research. 2006 Jan 1;66(1):41-5.HERE IS WHAT I DID NOW

braluk said:
im confused, what do you mean hit return? I put the citations into two different work/activities listings instead of compiling it into one (if you're talking about putting two into the same listing). Aside from that, im confused what you mean by the white spaces.

After i submitted AMCAS, the printout version of my application looked perfectly fine.

no, what i did was, i pressed the spacebar to insert a space, then hit return and started the paragraph that way (i think)

doing that is not getting me a true cariage return. meaning:

Citation

Explaiontion.

At best I get CITATION EXPLAINTION.

but i still want them to start on different lines with white space between them. any thoughts on how you did that?

thanks

braluk said:
no, what i did was, i pressed the spacebar to insert a space, then hit return and started the paragraph that way (i think)

i really dont remember, i dont remmeber having too many problems with the citation but i do remmeber messing around with the formatting. Try to do it in Word or Notepad, and pasting it to see if it affects the formatting somehow. Playing around with the spcebar and the return will help the formatting a bit, and if inserting a random period or colon or semi colon may help, i'm sure that would be ok as well.

On my extracurriculars section, I selected the publication link(since I was published) but didnt put the name of the article or journal that the article was under(because of the word limit for the description). Instead I just wrote about the reserach I did that led to the publishing. Do you think they will just look up my name on pubmed or google and see it there along with the article and put 2 and 2 together? I am kind of worried, but I guess I am hopeing that they will just look it up...am i hopeing for too much.
thanks

I would think the name of the article and journal would be pretty important, so use a proper citation.

Veshy said:
I would think the name of the article and journal would be pretty important, so use a proper citation.

i think it is quite important to list a full proper citation.