AMCAS question - shadowed several physicians in one clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleeplessdreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I shadowed for one week at a clinic, but I shadowed one different physician every day for five days. They are all internists working with patients who have HIV. I shadowed each physician for 4 hours. 20 hours total.

How should I list this on AMCAS?

(4 hours) Physician 1's name, Internal Medicine, their contact info...
(4 hours) Physician 2's name, Internal Medicine, their contact info ...

Or should I just group all 20 hours and put only one physician's name and contact information? Is it important to provide the contact information of all physicians I observed?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I shadowed for one week at a clinic, but I shadowed one different physician every day for five days. They are all internists working with patients who have HIV. I shadowed each physician for 4 hours. 20 hours total.

How should I list this on AMCAS?

(4 hours) Physician 1's name, Internal Medicine, their contact info...
(4 hours) Physician 2's name, Internal Medicine, their contact info ...

Or should I just group all 20 hours and put only one physician's name and contact information? Is it important to provide the contact information of all physicians I observed?
Group the 20 hours into one space and enter a 20 in the Total Hours slot. You can list each physician individually, or if you want more space for description (or to list other shadowees), instead of listing each doc, you might list one and add "& Other Internal Medicine Staff". Is there someone besides the docs who can attest to your presence, like a nurse, shadowing coordinator, desk clerk you checked in with?

See item #10 of this post for an example of how to list shadowing: *~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2018-2019*~*~*~*