AMCAS Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchoolBound2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question. Does AMCAS require all transcripts or just where you did undergrad? I took a summer class at a local university and I took a college class for concurrent credit in high school too. I got A's in both of the latter ones, so I'd like for them to count for my GPA, but will they?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just a quick question. Does AMCAS require all transcripts or just where you did undergrad? I took a summer class at a local university and I took a college class for concurrent credit in high school too. I got A's in both of the latter ones, so I'd like for them to count for my GPA, but will they?

Thanks!

yes you will have to count them in as well.
Any class taken at the college level (AP, dual-credit as well) needs to be reported.

I took some classes 6 years ago that I withdrew from or failed due to the realization that it was the wrong path that I was taking. My school says upon my return in the spring of 2012, once I reach 15 passing credit hours, ill be eligible for an "academic fresh start", wiping the past out of my transcript. Obviously I wouldn't need to include those at that point, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took some classes 6 years ago that I withdrew from or failed due to the realization that it was the wrong path that I was taking. My school says upon my return in the spring of 2012, once I reach 15 passing credit hours, ill be eligible for an "academic fresh start", wiping the past out of my transcript. Obviously I wouldn't need to include those at that point, right?
Yes, you would need to include all transcripts no matter what.

Well that's unfortunate. :( oh well, that just presents a chance for an astronomical upward trend. :)