Quantcast

AMCAS transmission status thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

Members don't see this ad.
hey - just wanted to make a thread about transmittal status - my app has been dated and sent to:
Baylor
Case Western
Duke
Emory
Harvard
Mayo
Mt. Sinai
Northwestern
Stanford
U Michigan
U Pittsburgh
Cornell

Waiting for:
UCLA
Hopkins
UCSD
UCSF
U Chicago
U Penn
U Wash
Wash U
Vanderbilt
Yale

and i got cornells secondary today - let the secondary madness begin goodluck!
-jot

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have over 50% transmittal! 7 of my 13 schools have my app!
Bring on the secondaries!

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wow jot...that's an impressive list of schools you're applying to. are you sure you don't want to add some "safety" schools? just looking out...

joe joe

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've also had around half of mine go through - yay!

Jot, did you get cornell's secondary in the mail?
Bounty

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submitted 6/26, about half my schools have received my app. Any secondaries besides Cornell out yet?

UCLA2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
I have over 50% transmittal! 7 of my 13 schools have my app!
Bring on the secondaries!

I just checked his list, and I agree 100%. Jot you may want to throw in 2-3 safety schools just for good measure.

simpleG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
transmitted to 17 of my 37 as of 7/11/02 1000 PST.

and only cornell so far...

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say throw in a safety school or two, but I took a gander at jot's website/resume/bio. All I've got to say is (In my high pitched Chris Tucker in Friday voice) daaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!

plus, he's from the philly area, so he's cool

;)

NineSixteen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all you 2003-ers :)

Unless they did some fixing of the AMCAS applicaion in the last year (please, let's hope that they did) those dates may not be accurate. I can pull up my application still from last year and there are still some blanks for transmission dates for some schools...and I have the rejection letters to prove that, indeed, my app was transmitted to all schools :) There were some schools that I got secondaries from weeks before AMCAS claimed it transmitted my app, there were some schools with an early transmittal date that took a good 6 weeks to get the secondary out.

The whole process can take a long time, just don't count on AMCAS too much to give accurate information. I know that sucks, but better to know up front. Hopefully, hopefully they fixed this, but if your secondaries come in a strange order, this could be one reason :)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok... I just looked at Jot's resume... and MY GOD!! People, he does have safety schools... they're Duke, JHU, and Harvard!

Jot: You have the coolest website I've ever seen!

J

jot

jeez - i was locked out of sdn for a while because i changed my e-mail address - and i could only watch helplessly :)

thanks relatively prime/dw - thats how i procrastinated from finals sophomore year, its balooned a bit.

i know i should apply to some "safeties" but not a one is on my list. i'm applying all md/phd, if i was applying md i would have a much better range because i think that med education has much less varience than phds. my qualification for schools was that i could find at least 3 people i would be willing to work with (thesis) in my wierdo combo field i'm looking to go into, and not surprisingly, that kind of quantity is found out the schools above. i definately don't think i'm guarenteed a thing anywhere - and have a backup plan to do something lest i have to apply again. but point well taken, and i think i'll add penn state and tomjeff if i can figure out how to do it.

hah (as if i've missed the point completely)- yale, pritzker (u chicago), and wash u were verified.

goodluck -jot