American Medical Women's Association (or others you'd recommend)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raginpagan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone belong to associations they think are beneficial?

In particular I was looking at the American Medical Women's Association. Anyone find their benefits or conference worthwhile? Anyone present a poster here? It's only $25 a year to join so there's no risk, but wondering if even worth that.

Likewise are there other associations you would recommend and why?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Im not familiar with that particular association but I never joined anything as a resident or med student back in the day because ultimately it would just equate to magazines that looked cool that I never read. Though as as an attending certain assocations are more worthwhile for CME discounts and conference discounts and other things like that. Maybe itll add more fluff to your CV when applying for residency presenting a poster but unlikely to make or break you. I would look at the conference schedule from prior years and see if the lectures were worthwhile to you

You may want to ask the Women in Healthcare forum. I find the topics they present interesting and encourage connecting with them as networking and mentoring support. There is still so much to be done on equity for women.