An odd range of DAT scores, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WabashSam

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I took the DAT yesterday and got the following scores:

PA: 19
QR: 20
RC: 30
Bio: 18
Gen. Chem: 18
O. Chem: 18
TS: 18
AA: 21

I have a 3.7 GPA, 3.5 science GPA, 100+ hours of shadowing, and a large amount of campus involvement during undergrad years, with leadership positions in many clubs. I plan on applying to schools such as UCLA, UCSF, Tauro, UT-Houston, and Florida to name a few. Should I expand my field or do I have a good chance of getting in to one of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Well your RC score is amazing, good job, but it is majorly inflating your AA, since your sciences aren't that high. I mean, I would say you have a chance, but I don't know how great that chance is. But you seem like a well rounded applicant so I would still apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that’s a crazy RC!! I’d say you’ll at least get a few interviews just with that! What is your residence?

Reactions: 1 user

Are you applying to all Texas schools? If not I don’t see why you wouldn’t. I know Florida is very OOS unfriendly, not sure about the rest you mentioned. If you are dead set on getting in this cycle I would add maybe a few more just to be safe, keeping tuiton costs in mind as well

Are you applying to all Texas schools? If not I don’t see why you wouldn’t. I know Florida is very OOS unfriendly, not sure about the rest you mentioned. If you are dead set on getting in this cycle I would add maybe a few more just to be safe, keeping tuiton costs in mind as well
Sorry I should have clarified, Houston is my number one but I will be applying to all three Texas schools

What was your technique when it came to the RC section?
I went through all of the questions for each article before reading and tried to answer each one based off of the knowledge I already had. Then I read each article fairly quickly and answered the rest of the questions. Reading the questions ahead of time helped me know what to look for, and I made use of the highlighter function in the test program. Use the highlighter! Lol

I went through all of the questions for each article before reading and tried to answer each one based off of the knowledge I already had. Then I read each article fairly quickly and answered the rest of the questions. Reading the questions ahead of time helped me know what to look for, and I made use of the highlighter function in the test program. Use the highlighter! Lol
Thanks! Btw if you did use DAT Bootcamp, how did you think your DAT compared to bootcamp, especially the RC and PAT sections?

Thanks! Btw if you did use DAT Bootcamp, how did you think your DAT compared to bootcamp, especially the RC and PAT sections?
I used Crack the DAT and the PA test was basically identical and the RC was more difficult with Crack the DAT.

Hi, can you please explain this more? Did you get articles that you had previous knowledge about? Did you try Search and Destroy?

Hi, can you please explain this more? Did you get articles that you had previous knowledge about? Did you try Search and Destroy?
One article had a lot of info related to topics that were covered in my biochemistry course, but the other two articles were new to me. I didn’t specifically rely on search and destroy though because I didn’t want to miss a small detail that could have influenced one of my answers, especially in terms of the authors tone. The best thing for me was to take my time, read through the whole article quickly, highlight words that were related to the questions, and have confidence. The answers for reading comprehension are right in front of you and barely require you to know anything ahead of time, you just have to be able to find them in the given amount of time.