Anatomy related questions in BIO section!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCT PC CRN

RCT-PC-CRN
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Below is the example: (From DA Destroyer)

Which set of terms are incorrectly matched?
A. SI: duodenum, jejunum, ileum
B. Vertebral column: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacrum, coccyx
C. Upper limbs: humerus, radius, ulna, carpal, metacarpal
D. Lower limbs: femur, tibia, fibula, patella, tarsal, metatarsal
E. All are correctly matched

I only knew A correctly (from Digestive system). B C D choices for me are all foreign. This seems to me is anatomy question. What are the chances of something like these shows up in actual DAT? I know that they do throw some random question but something like this!!

BTW Answer is E.

If you knew the answer, where would you link your knowledge to? (i.e if you have taken any advance level classes, like Human A&P etc)

Members don't see this ad.

My DAT study rule was this:

If there's a sample question about it... learn it.

When I took the DAT, I only had 1 bio class... all the info I got was from Barron's AP Bio and Kaplan Blue Book. This question is very basic in terms of anatomy so I'm sure you could learn this kind of stuff quickly.

I took anat and phys so this questions would have been easy but it would be a good idea to review the topics laid out on the DAT guide from ADEA and make sure you don't skip anything.

I knew it right away. It's definitely an Anatomy and Physiology question (which I just took this last semester)...I wouldn't have known it from my basic biology course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, anatomy class for the most part. Digestive part from physiology. I would know general anatomy and physio.

I knew this right away... a full year of Anatomy and Physiology definitely helps lol... to be quite honest I'm in a post bacc program right now and In this year I've covered pretty much all the bio I need except for the botany and phyla... so I guess you should read up on anatomy. ;)

I knew it right away. It's definitely an Anatomy and Physiology question (which I just took this last semester)...I wouldn't have known it from my basic biology course.

Just an anatomy question. Anatomy=structures Physiology= functions :thumbup:

what do you think the best study material is (in the A&P area) for those who have not taken the anatomy or physio class yet?