anesthesia associates of new mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arch Guillotti

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting for a long time member who wishes to remain anonymous:

I am looking for information on anesthesia associates of new mexico. Any information greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They are located in New Mexico.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Are you sure its not a situation like the Los Angeles angels of Anaheim and they are not actually in new Mexico?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think i would like it there. Lot’s of Mountains, sun, low cost of living, artsy-fartsy, good food and year around outdoor activities. It’s not Boulder, but it’s not bad.

I think i would like it there. Lot’s of Mountains, sun, low cost of living, artsy-fartsy, good food and year around outdoor activities. It’s not Boulder, but it’s not bad.

Don’t forget all the gang violence. The three way war between the Native Americans, Mexicans, and Spanish gangs is lovely this time of year.

It’s the 5th largest state with a 2mil population. There must be a lot of wide open spaces.

It’s the 5th largest state with a 2mil population. There must be a lot of wide open spaces.

I believe there is 1 level 1 trauma center for the entire state.

Reactions: 1 user

Albuquerque is a sh*thole. Not very low cost of living either, compared to AZ and TX. The artsy part you are thinking of is Santa Fe.

I interviewed with this group a few years back since a friend of mine wanted me to come out there. At the time, I was considering a change of scenery. People in group seemed nice but something was off that I couldn't put my finger on.

He told me recently that the group was in Flux and they are pretty understaffed. Payor mix is terrible to the point where AMCs won't make an offer. Despite that and the high supervising ratios, since he takes extra calls he does fairly well as a partner. He was recently considering a change of scenery also, but found cutting ties to the area difficult with his family situation. My instincts tell me it's a sinking ship.

All second hand, so take it for what it's worth

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed there for residency over 15 years ago. Area appeared decent then. I have zero info on that group. Reminded me of Tucson somewhat. Always has had a gun and knife club, but you can say that about a lot of desirable places.

Ya Santa Fe is nice, but that job is terrible. One of my buddies used to run that group. Maybe it’s the same in Albaquerque.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d recommend attending a showing of “West Side Story” after Broadway opens up again next year post CoViD if you want to learn more about gang violence.

• Haha
How is this not self explanatory?
Because it was such a dumb statement. Some people think there are people in NM who came from Spain and they're called Spanish? Why did they go to NM particularly?
Same reason Europeans came to America in general. To exploit and conquer.
And the native Americans said hell no screw you. You don’t get to rule over us. And the two groups had to learn to live side by side with occasional tribal conflict. And they didn’t intermingle and marry much.
But of course, eventually the Natives lost that battle. Because look how they live now.

Welcome to a world conquered by Europe.

Because it was such a dumb statement. Some people think there are people in NM who came from Spain and they're called Spanish? Why did they go to NM particularly?

How is that a dumb statement? Do you not understand that people who come from Spain are called Spanish or Spaniards? You literally could have just Googled that.

At the end of the 16th century, a Spanish conquistador and like a thousand soldiers moved from Mexico City to what would be New Mexico and established Santa Fe as the capital of New Mexico. Their leader, Juan de Onate, declared himself the first governor of NM.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Same reason Europeans came to America in general. To exploit and conquer.
And the native Americans said hell no screw you. You don’t get to rule over us. And the two groups had to learn to live side by side with occasional tribal conflict. And they didn’t intermingle and marry much.
But of course, eventually the Natives lost that battle. Because look how they live now.

Welcome to a world conquered by Europe.

Do you have any doubt that if the technology for exploration, exploitation, and conquest had been developed first by other peoples that they would have been the conquerors of the world?

Reactions: 2 users
Do you have any doubt that if the technology for exploration, exploitation, and conquest had been developed first by other peoples that they would have been the conquerors of the world?

While I agree with your logic, letme remind you the Chinese invented gunpowder and medicine.

Always a good idea to speak with people who left the group within the past few years. Some PP groups are no better than large AMCs. If the group won’t give you names and the contact info...deuces :hattip:

Actually, I do have doubt. Yes. I mean, we are all of different cultures, different mindsets and different paths.
We don’t all want to conquer the world. Some people just want to live and not go after more, more, more.

Hey girl! Yea we call those “people” WOMEN!

I think choco was implying people of different societies/communities worldwide. You appear to have made it a sex/“gender” issue.

but when people go after “more, more more” and make more, then comes the wage inequality....

It was actually a joke meant for her. I know her outside of sdn ;-)

While I agree with your logic, letme remind you the Chinese invented gunpowder and medicine.
And privilege, advancement and wealth in China is stacked toward the Chinese.

Heard their ex-governor liked to spend time on a private island in the Caribbean. He is probably in a world of hurt nowadays. Epstein did not kill himself!

And privilege, advancement and wealth in China is stacked toward the Chinese.
Daniel Tosh:

You know what the unemployment rate in China is? Neither do I because I’m American. I’m ****ing stupid. It’s got to be low, right? Those people get up at 3:00 in the morning to practice the violin for 4 1/2 hours, then they work on math for 12 hours, and whatever’s left, they’re ninjas. If you think for one second, we will ever catch up with them, you are out of your mind. Just sit at home and be patient until they take over. Quite frankly, they deserve our country. Like, “Oh, ****, China’s here. Do we take off our shoes? How does this work?”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Daniel Tosh:

You know what the unemployment rate in China is? Neither do I because I’m American. I’m ****ing stupid. It’s got to be low, right? Those people get up at 3:00 in the morning to practice the violin for 4 1/2 hours, then they work on math for 12 hours, and whatever’s left, they’re ninjas. If you think for one second, we will ever catch up with them, you are out of your mind. Just sit at home and be patient until they take over. Quite frankly, they deserve our country. Like, “Oh, ****, China’s here. Do we take off our shoes? How does this work?”

real talk the first time I visited China I realized that we (the US) were doomed. The work ethic there is so far beyond anything I'd ever seen before. We don't stand a chance.

People wake up before dawn, grind until they fall over in a dead sleep for like 15 minutes at 11am, get back to work, do it for another ten hours, and then sleep for a few hours on a "bed" so hard you don't mind getting up to do it all again the next day. Our notions of leisure time are absurd to them.

I'm not endorsing this as an ideal culture or mindset, but it made a serious impression on me.

real talk the first time I visited China I realized that we (the US) were doomed. The work ethic there is so far beyond anything I'd ever seen before. We don't stand a chance.

People wake up before dawn, grind until they fall over in a dead sleep for like 15 minutes at 11am, get back to work, do it for another ten hours, and then sleep for a few hours on a "bed" so hard you don't mind getting up to do it all again the next day. Our notions of leisure time are absurd to them.

I'm not endorsing this as an ideal culture or mindset, but it made a serious impression on me.

Hyperbole.

So the guys at Anesthesia Associates of New Mexico are Chinese? :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

That’s why stroke is the leading cause of death there. They work themselves until they stroke out.

Daniel Tosh:

You are always on point! Love it!

Last edited: