Anesthesiologists on plastic surgery TV shows

Started by 2ndyear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2ndyear

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So during my intern year so far, I've been watching a lot of those plastic surgery shows on TV. It's neat to see the anesthesiologists as well, especially the older Asian doc who works with the Doc90210 guy. He just cracks me up. So calm and polite with the patients.
 
2ndyear said:
So during my intern year so far, I've been watching a lot of those plastic surgery shows on TV. It's neat to see the anesthesiologists as well, especially the older Asian doc who works with the Doc90210 guy. He just cracks me up. So calm and polite with the patients.

I always love when they show pictures of surgeries in the news (e.g., footage on TV broadcasts, pictures in print, etc.), they often throw a picture of the anesthesiologist in there as well. I surmise it's because of that huge, intimidating looking machine sitting next to them and all the tubes coming out of the patient's mouth, etc. You usually can't see down into the cavity that's being operated on in such shots, so it often looks like the anesthesiologist is "doing more" than the surgeons themselves. :laugh:

-Skip