ANKI help? Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinn12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I just started studying for the DAT - I plan on taking it in 2 months and am using ANKI like many SDNers have suggested. I am making the ANKI deck for Biology with Cliffs and it seems to be piling up a lot.

What is the average number of cards that you guys have? How do you manage to study them?

Thanks!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

As of right now I have

Bio-188
OC-125
GC-68
And I made a Endocrine specific deck because I refuse to get a Endo question wrong on this exam!

Also,
Up until this point I have read through Cliffs and took notes however those notes did not directly translate to cards. Instead I then went through the cliffs chapter quizzes chapter by chapter. The questions I got wrong I created a card for and I did the same thing for destroyer Biology. I am also planning to do the same thing for Barrons. For OC and GC I have created cards for things that just need to be memorized beyond that I have been adding cards for incorrect quiz questions and concepts in Chads and I will do the same for Destroyer OC and GC. I do my cards in the AM first thing when I wake up and before I go to bed.

thanks!

I haven't read through Cliffs yet. But I'm on winter break now and want to get through Cliffs by the end of the break.

Do you think it's possible to do a chapter a day?

Oh Heck ya! You can do more then one chapter a day! Have you read through the sticky of the 8 week study plan?

You can easily get through most chapters in a day (it's how I did it).

I've got 319 bio cards, created from Kaplan/Cliffs/Destroyer(still adding from destroyer).

I would add cards as I read, then review what I'd made the next day before starting the next chapter; now I simply do them every day as they come. But I would absolutely click "soon" or whatever every time I wasn't almost completely sure about a card. I would have done separate decks for different parts of bio, but opening and closing different decks seems annoying to me.

If you've got an ipod touch or ipad or something, I'd put your cards on it once you're done with everything on your computer, then do them where ever you are, any time you have a moment.