Another Diversity/Adversity Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squids82

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do the following topics sound when talking about the respective prompts:

Diversity
1) Work as a city councilman as a college student and trying to enact health-focused ordinances while balancing opposing viewpoints/leadership I can bring to class
2) Work as an ESL teacher to native Spanish speaking adults and explore further what I learned about communication and helping others navigate unfamiliar situations

Adversity
1) struggles with weight I had when I was younger and what that taught me about discipline/commitment and got me involved in sports to improve confidence and health
2) tearing my meniscus at the end of high school which stopped me from continuing my kinda niche sport (fencing) where I learned adaptiveness and built patience to get back to participating casually
3) growing up with both my parents working longer hours and learning to work through my own problems at a younger age
4) physical assault from early college and the process of reporting it to solve problems and protect others

Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro @LizzyM

For the longer diversity essays (500 words), I incorporated my experiences in ESL teaching and working with those communities in gov't to say how it formed me using diverse perspectives in decisions and as a future physician. Does that sound reasonable?

(Sorry to necro thread)

Last edited:
@Goro @LizzyM

For the longer diversity essays (500 words), I incorporated my experiences in ESL teaching and working with those communities in gov't to say how it formed me using diverse perspectives in decisions and as a future physician. Does that sound reasonable?

(Sorry to necro thread)
Sounds fine