Another LOI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I was thinking of sending another letter of intent type letter to my number one choice. I sent one over a month ago and it was more of a traditional LOI. I was thinking about sending another one with an update since my interview, but it also has a little bit of an LOI feel to it.

I guess my question is would this even help? I mean I've already stated I was coming there, sometimes I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with these adcoms and I want to remain in a favorable light.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question, I was thinking of sending another letter of intent type letter to my number one choice. I sent one over a month ago and it was more of a traditional LOI. I was thinking about sending another one with an update since my interview, but it also has a little bit of an LOI feel to it.

I guess my question is would this even help? I mean I've already stated I was coming there, sometimes I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with these adcoms and I want to remain in a favorable light.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "traditional LOI" versus this new update. While LOIs are more effective at certain schools, the general consensus seems to be that they'll never hurt you. I don't think that sending a letter one month after your previous letter is very pushy - some people have been known to write/call/e-mail on a weekly or even daily basis.