Another MSSM Post....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a few have posted about this already, but I'm wondering if anyone who interviewed late Jan, early Feb has heard anything RECENTLY? I interviewed late Jan....should I assume I've been rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

at least wait until march 15th before you even have doubts about whether or not you got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
from what i remember, i think the cycle ends mid-March. you'll probably hear in 2 weeks.

Hey jlee,

why do you say wait until March 15th? What happens if we do not hear from a school we interviewed at prior to March 15th? Does that mean automatic waitlist? I interviewed at a school in early february and they told me I would hear back in 6-8 weeks, so that would make the date of notification late March... What does this mean? No acceptance?

Thanks...

Originally posted by beponychick
Hey jlee,

why do you say wait until March 15th? What happens if we do not hear from a school we interviewed at prior to March 15th? Does that mean automatic waitlist? I interviewed at a school in early february and they told me I would hear back in 6-8 weeks, so that would make the date of notification late March... What does this mean? No acceptance?

Thanks...

Uh oh...the panic has begun. hehe. Just calm down. March 15th is the date by which medical schools are supposed to have accepted enough students to fill their classes. HOWEVER (<-----VERY IMPORTANT), this doesn't mean schools don't accept anyone after this date. Most schools accept a much larger # of students than actually attend their school. So on March 15th X school must accept at least 150 people to fill their 150 spots, but if 100 of those people don't attend, they send many more acceptences. Generally schools may accept a certain % higher than their class size at one time. Some schools (NYU someone said) only accept their class size at one time and wait until they get actual withdrawls from people before accepting someone else. I don't think that's the norm. though.

can anyone confirm this about NYU?

Originally posted by cornell2004
can anyone confirm this about NYU?

Note: I don't know this first hand, but that's what someone on here posted.