ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
I know a few have posted about this already, but I'm wondering if anyone who interviewed late Jan, early Feb has heard anything RECENTLY? I interviewed late Jan....should I assume I've been rejected?

About the Ads

darkcity998

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
from what i remember, i think the cycle ends mid-March. you'll probably hear in 2 weeks.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey jlee,

why do you say wait until March 15th? What happens if we do not hear from a school we interviewed at prior to March 15th? Does that mean automatic waitlist? I interviewed at a school in early february and they told me I would hear back in 6-8 weeks, so that would make the date of notification late March... What does this mean? No acceptance?

Thanks...

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by beponychick
Hey jlee,

why do you say wait until March 15th? What happens if we do not hear from a school we interviewed at prior to March 15th? Does that mean automatic waitlist? I interviewed at a school in early february and they told me I would hear back in 6-8 weeks, so that would make the date of notification late March... What does this mean? No acceptance?

Thanks...

Uh oh...the panic has begun. hehe. Just calm down. March 15th is the date by which medical schools are supposed to have accepted enough students to fill their classes. HOWEVER (<-----VERY IMPORTANT), this doesn't mean schools don't accept anyone after this date. Most schools accept a much larger # of students than actually attend their school. So on March 15th X school must accept at least 150 people to fill their 150 spots, but if 100 of those people don't attend, they send many more acceptences. Generally schools may accept a certain % higher than their class size at one time. Some schools (NYU someone said) only accept their class size at one time and wait until they get actual withdrawls from people before accepting someone else. I don't think that's the norm. though.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.