Another rank list thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the program ranks others higher because of love letters, they're not a program that wants the best people. I want to be a part of a program that has the best people. Truly excellent programs will rank by true preferences.).

I second this thought. The argument that the program would rather match the people that want to go there more, doesn't really make sense. It would maybe if everybody got the same interviews. But really telling a program its your number one generally is just telling them you didn't get interviews to any better places. The only reason they would care is if they really want the bragging rights to say they didn't drop far on their list.

Members don't see this ad.

I second this thought. The argument that the program would rather match the people that want to go there more, doesn't really make sense. It would maybe if everybody got the same interviews. But really telling a program its your number one generally is just telling them you didn't get interviews to any better places. The only reason they would care is if they really want the bragging rights to say they didn't drop far on their list.

Well thanks for the feedback guys. I feel a little better about not sending "love letters". Will cling to the hope that I will be ranked for my performance and personality.

I've been driving myself crazy about whether to write a letter not, and i don't even know which program I want to rank #1. I decided today i'm not writing any love letters to rads programs. One of my top programs specifically said "no post interview correspondence please" and the other program said "please let us know ASAP if you want to attend" which just makes this whole process nauseating. I DID however write a #1 email to my top TY program but prob won't choose a #1 rads program until Feb 23rd and will leave the rest in Gods hands. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been driving myself crazy about whether to write a letter not, and i don't even know which program I want to rank #1. I decided today i'm not writing any love letters to rads programs. One of my top programs specifically said "no post interview correspondence please" and the other program said "please let us know ASAP if you want to attend" which just makes this whole process nauseating. I DID however write a #1 email to my top TY program but prob won't choose a #1 rads program until Feb 23rd and will leave the rest in Gods hands. Good luck everyone

It probably makes no difference.

I know my home program is already done ranking now. Programs are less emotional about this than and will have their list done by whatever date they've set their meeting.

Lighten up dude. Feel grateful and lucky that you were able to interview at a bunch of great programs. This process should be fun, not nauseating.

Lighten up dude. Feel grateful and lucky that you were able to interview at a bunch of great programs. This process should be fun, not nauseating.

LOL I'm sure its fun when you're decisive and you don't have to take a spouses career into consideration too.

Every thread in this forum is slowly devolving into childish bickering. Tensions are definitely high with rank lists due in a couple weeks.

Everyone just needs to eat a Snickers

But I've been having second thoughts about having a Butterfingers instead. What do people think about the quality of Butterfingers compared to Snickers and Hersheys? Will I be able to get a coveted private practice job no matter which I choose?

But I've been having second thoughts about having a Butterfingers instead. What do people think about the quality of Butterfingers compared to Snickers and Hersheys? Will I be able to get a coveted private practice job no matter which I choose?

Not a chance. Twix is the pre-requisite to any good pp job.