Anxiety is getting to me guys. Jan 27th. Help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deemoraad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking my Mcat this Friday.

I took TPR. Was doing well these past few weeks. building my score all the way up to a 29 (from a 20 initially). I had a week left and thought I had time to bring it up a few points.
False.
Taken two practice tests the past three days, aamc 10 and 4, and gotten a 23 and 20 respecitively.
I don't know whats going on all of a sudden. I feel like its the anxiety of the coming test killing me. I look back at the questions I miss and realize they're mostly "duds" (questions answered through the passage).
Someone help me. I'm not in a very positive mood right now.

FYI: I've taken my MCAT once before. This would be my second attempt.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you strictly been practicing using TPR before taking the aamc tests? If so, you might have to adjust the way you approach problems since the questions you missed were already in the passage. I've only taken the tests by aamc, but I heard the other kinds of tests weren't completely accurate in it's depiction of the MCAT.

You know the mistakes you made can be avoided by paying more attention to the passages. I'd try to take a test without a timer this time around to build your confidence and get a better understanding on how they formulate questions.

Best of luck to you!

I say definitely take a day off... One full day... with no MCAT related ANYTHING! At this point, there is not much that can be done about the material I believe, but you can do alot on your confidence!

Don't stay home... Keep yourself busy and give your mind a rest before the test.

Agreed..Try to take your mind off it as hard as it sounds. Go work out (alot), see a movie, something fun. At this point you have run out of time as far as gaining any usefull knowledge. Its all about mind set at this point.