-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????
Started by doctor_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
29
2 DO interviews (1 withdrew) and 1 MD interview.
Accepted everywhere I interviewed!
2 DO interviews (1 withdrew) and 1 MD interview.
Accepted everywhere I interviewed!
Two MD interviews, applied to 12 schools: 23O, 3.82 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA, 3.90 post-bacc GPA. Check out my MD Apps for a complete picture. I have a ton of research (published, just gave a first author national oral presentation) and volunteering ECs.
I basically found out that my loan companies refused to pay my remaining pre-med tuition the morning of my test, which obliterated my score. I'm currently waitlisted and will have a decision from the second interview late next week. I'm preparing to retake the MCAT and reapply.
Good luck everyone. The waiting game really, really sucks.
I basically found out that my loan companies refused to pay my remaining pre-med tuition the morning of my test, which obliterated my score. I'm currently waitlisted and will have a decision from the second interview late next week. I'm preparing to retake the MCAT and reapply.
Good luck everyone. The waiting game really, really sucks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay cycle finalized now so 29N; 5 interviews and 4 MD acceptances.
4 out of 5? That's some pretty impressive odds! Congrats!
4 out of 5? That's some pretty impressive odds! Congrats!
im pretty sure he applied more than 5 schools.
Okay cycle finalized now so 29N; 5 interviews and 4 MD acceptances.
Hey, congrats on your success this cycle. I remember your mdapps used to list you as "African". Is there a reason why you removed it?
2
235788
Hey, congrats on your success this cycle. I remember your mdapps used to list you as "African". Is there a reason why you removed it?
because he's not black...
I had a MDapps with "untrue/brief" parts of it to avoid getting identified. Still ended up deleting it.
im pretty sure he applied more than 5 schools.
Appreciate the input, but I figured that he applied to more than 5. Interviewing at 5 schools and gaining acceptance at 4 is, as I said, not bad odds. 😛
Hey, congrats on your success this cycle. I remember your mdapps used to list you as "African". Is there a reason why you removed it?
A lot of the details on the demographics on my mdapp are not correct for the sake of my identity. I am not from Alabama and not 26. As the previous poster mentioned a lot of people try to hide who they are on random forums and you can understand why.
Last edited:
Congrats!!! I'm still waitlested at one school and rejected at the other out of 2 interviews. But it does only take one! I'm hoping this last school is the "one."4.0 gpa, 27 mcat, 24 years old, Psychology major with English and Humanities minors, lots of volunteer and work experience
~15 applied
2 interviews (both state schools)
1waitlist
1 acceptance
All it takes is one![]()
27 (10 PS 8 VR 9BS)
Gpa 3.75 3.7 science 3.8 cum
high honors thesis defended
graduated early
alot of research experience and some clinical experience
a lot of extra curricular activities
I am applying to 5 DO's and 17 MD's, and planning on retaking mcat, hopefully atleast 30 +
what are my chances?
Gpa 3.75 3.7 science 3.8 cum
high honors thesis defended
graduated early
alot of research experience and some clinical experience
a lot of extra curricular activities
I am applying to 5 DO's and 17 MD's, and planning on retaking mcat, hopefully atleast 30 +
what are my chances?
27 (10 PS 8 VR 9BS)
Gpa 3.75 3.7 science 3.8 cum
high honors thesis defended
graduated early
alot of research experience and some clinical experience
a lot of extra curricular activities
I am applying to 5 DO's and 17 MD's, and planning on retaking mcat, hopefully atleast 30 +
what are my chances?
What was your initial MCAT score? Even with a low MCAT, those are very good stats. With a 30 MCAT, I'd wager that you'd get into the majority of those DOs (depending on your PS) and probably land 8 interviews with around 4+ acceptances (depending on interview skills). In other words, you're a very solid applicant. For reference, I applied to 10 MD schools kind of late with a c3.82, s3.80, a 23O MCAT, tons of research, great ECs, and still landed 2 interviews and one WL spot (still pending). This year, if I don't get in off the WL, I'll apply to 12 DOs and 17+ MDs with a retake and a slightly lower GPA thanks to a horrible last semester.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to say that this is an amazing thread that quite frankly stands out to me when browsing through so many pessimistic posts on SDN. I hope to post my own acceptance note soon on this thread!
I know this belongs in the "What are my chances" section, but I find that often times the posters there are very pessimistic, and I was hoping for some words of encouragement from some fellow <30 MCATers. What do you guys think my chances are at an MD acceptance? (at the very least some interviews?)
Indiana resident (with significant ties to Illinois), non-URM
MCAT- PS:11 VR: 8 BS: 10 Total: 29 O
GPA: cGPA: 3.58 sGPA: 3.48 (with an EXTREME upward trend, ~3.9 last 5 semesters)
I'm applying to 11 MD schools. I am also retaking the MCAT in a month, and I've been studying verbal like crazy. After I get my new score I will add more schools depending on how I do. I would also add that my ECs are solid with no real glaring weaknesses imo.
I know this belongs in the "What are my chances" section, but I find that often times the posters there are very pessimistic, and I was hoping for some words of encouragement from some fellow <30 MCATers. What do you guys think my chances are at an MD acceptance? (at the very least some interviews?)
Indiana resident (with significant ties to Illinois), non-URM
MCAT- PS:11 VR: 8 BS: 10 Total: 29 O
GPA: cGPA: 3.58 sGPA: 3.48 (with an EXTREME upward trend, ~3.9 last 5 semesters)
I'm applying to 11 MD schools. I am also retaking the MCAT in a month, and I've been studying verbal like crazy. After I get my new score I will add more schools depending on how I do. I would also add that my ECs are solid with no real glaring weaknesses imo.
I just want to say that this is an amazing thread that quite frankly stands out to me when browsing through so many pessimistic posts on SDN. I hope to post my own acceptance note soon on this thread!
I know this belongs in the "What are my chances" section, but I find that often times the posters there are very pessimistic, and I was hoping for some words of encouragement from some fellow <30 MCATers. What do you guys think my chances are at an MD acceptance? (at the very least some interviews?)
Indiana resident (with significant ties to Illinois), non-URM
MCAT- PS:11 VR: 8 BS: 10 Total: 29 O
GPA: cGPA: 3.58 sGPA: 3.48 (with an EXTREME upward trend, ~3.9 last 5 semesters)
I'm applying to 11 MD schools. I am also retaking the MCAT in a month, and I've been studying verbal like crazy. After I get my new score I will add more schools depending on how I do. I would also add that my ECs are solid with no real glaring weaknesses imo.
You'll pull a few interviews for sure. Just apply early. It makes a difference... I'm on 4 wls b/c I was submitted late 🙁
What was your initial MCAT score? Even with a low MCAT, those are very good stats. With a 30 MCAT, I'd wager that you'd get into the majority of those DOs (depending on your PS) and probably land 8 interviews with around 4+ acceptances (depending on interview skills). In other words, you're a very solid applicant. For reference, I applied to 10 MD schools kind of late with a c3.82, s3.80, a 23O MCAT, tons of research, great ECs, and still landed 2 interviews and one WL spot (still pending). This year, if I don't get in off the WL, I'll apply to 12 DOs and 17+ MDs with a retake and a slightly lower GPA thanks to a horrible last semester.
Did you forget to mention that you're a URM?
You'll pull a few interviews for sure. Just apply early. It makes a difference... I'm on 4 wls b/c I was submitted late 🙁
Thanks. What are your stats and how late did you apply? Also, have you gotten accepted anywhere?
Thanks. What are your stats and how late did you apply? Also, have you gotten accepted anywhere?
Check out my mdapps page. Gpas are a little low and some things aren't up to date but it's a rough picture of me
Wow. That's funny: I'm caucasian. *awkward silence* Prejudiced much?Did you forget to mention that you're a URM?
29 (9/9/11). Applied to 13 schools (All MD). 3 interviews, 2 wait list (1 top 50), 1 acceptance.
Wow. That's funny: I'm caucasian. *awkward silence* Prejudiced much?
Black from the waist down right?
Black from the waist down right?
LoL, tha'ts mah main man!
This thread is super encouraging! Good luck to everyone!
28R (PS:10/VR:8/BS:10)
3.84 cGPA
3.76 sGPA
I have an MPH
Lots of physician shadowing (100+ hours)
2 years of research in neuroeconomics
Interned at the World Health Organization
Went to Northeast Brazil to do fieldwork on the hc system
Worked for a year at a genetic counseling clinic
Been working as a healthcare consultant for community clinics serving vulnerable populations for about a year now
Numerous process improvement projects that positively impacted patient care
28R (PS:10/VR:8/BS:10)
3.84 cGPA
3.76 sGPA
I have an MPH
Lots of physician shadowing (100+ hours)
2 years of research in neuroeconomics
Interned at the World Health Organization
Went to Northeast Brazil to do fieldwork on the hc system
Worked for a year at a genetic counseling clinic
Been working as a healthcare consultant for community clinics serving vulnerable populations for about a year now
Numerous process improvement projects that positively impacted patient care
no I already got one this cycle.Is it true that all of us will get interviews later on in the cycle because of our stats? 🙁
3.7 and 29 mcat here, praying for 1 MD acceptance this cycle. Still waiting for AMCAS verification and have submitted primary in mid July. Definitely a very late applicant but hoping it does not hurt me too much.
3.6/29 (10/9/10)here. Have a DO interview invite for DMU but no MD's yet. It's still early though!
Is it true that all of us will get interviews later on in the cycle because of our stats? 🙁
Is it true? I assumed it becomes harder to get interviews later in the session because there are more people to compete against. Isn't that the rationale behind applying early. Get the interview early when the filed is smaller.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it true that all of us will get interviews later on in the cycle because of our stats? 🙁
No, not necessarily true. My interview invites for my cycle were in Sept, Nov, and March (pretty spread out). A friend of mine had 3.7/29 stats last year and started getting invites in Sept/Oct.
Midwest applicant. I have a 3.78cum/3.72sci 29 MCAT 7VR and I have 5 interviews. 2 in August, 1 in September, the 2 others don't have dates on them--one of those is a top 5 school in primary care. Hoping one of these turns out to be an acceptance! I applied super broad.
3.4 Undergrad GPA, 3.8 Grad GPA, 25 MCAT. I'm only applying to one school and already received an interview. Seconday submitted 7/24, interview invite received 7/30. Of course it probably helps that I received a PhD in Physiology from said school in 2010, have multiple 1st author publications, and what I'd consider above-average EC's.
Even though the average MCAT might be a 30, obviously that means a decent number will be below 30 to balance out those awesome MCAT takers who got >35.
Even though the average MCAT might be a 30, obviously that means a decent number will be below 30 to balance out those awesome MCAT takers who got >35.
c/sGPA 4.0, MCAT 28 (9, 9, 10). I applied EDP to WVU and have an interview along with two DO interviews to CCOM and LECOM Bradenton (I'm delaying this one until I hear from WVU because of financial reasons). There's hope for us <30ers!!
cGPA 3.55, MCAT 29
Already have an interview invitation at one of my state schools. Just because scores are a little below average doesn't mean that you shouldn't apply early because they won't interview you until later anyways.
Already have an interview invitation at one of my state schools. Just because scores are a little below average doesn't mean that you shouldn't apply early because they won't interview you until later anyways.
I've been waiting to post on this thread for a while. I got a 29 on my first MCAT, and even though I retook it and my new scores haven't come out yet, I just got an interview invite this cycle at my state school based on my 29 alone. (cGPA 3.58 sGPA 3.48)
Anxiously awaiting with 29O (10VR/10B/9P) and 3.8sGPA and cGPA both. I applied to 11 schools thus far. One rejection (Indiana) and the rest are awaiting review. Sucks knowing I'm SLIGHTLY sub-par. Will post back.
Applied at:
Rush U
Rosalind Franklind,
University of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
MSU
Central Michigan University
Drexel
Creighton
St. Louis University
University of Louisville
Boston University
Debating whether to finish appling to Temple (Their secondaries are mega lame...) and Arkansas (my state ties are very weak)
Suggestions for last question?^^
Applied at:
Rush U
Rosalind Franklind,
University of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
MSU
Central Michigan University
Drexel
Creighton
St. Louis University
University of Louisville
Boston University
Debating whether to finish appling to Temple (Their secondaries are mega lame...) and Arkansas (my state ties are very weak)
Suggestions for last question?^^
29, 3.7 and received interview to one of my state MD schools.
4.0 GPA, 29S MCAT, 3 MD interviews so far 😀
Haven't received any interviews yet, but just wanted to say that this is my favorite thread on SDN. Don't stop believin'. 😀
Love your avatar dude. That movie is badass, finally watched it last week.
Love your avatar dude. That movie is badass, finally watched it last week.
Thanks! Definitely one of my favorite movies from last year. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently someone with a 2.75/29 got an II to SIU.
I think SIU is a MAJOR exception because they are only for a very select group of Illinois residents (i.e. not even every IL resident has a good chance there, rather only ones that live in certain areas). I believe that they are notorious for this.
No MD interviews yet but I have DO ones at DMU, CCOM, AZCOM and NOVA.
My state MD school hasn't sent out II's yet.
cGPA 3.6/ sGPA 3.5/ 10P/9V/10B
My state MD school hasn't sent out II's yet.
cGPA 3.6/ sGPA 3.5/ 10P/9V/10B
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408
- Locked
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K
