Any 3.3 GPA and under with Interview Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 33 MCAT

October acceptance by top choice

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.2, grad GPA 3.7 in a science field ( not SMP). 31 mcat. 8 II ( 7 MD 1 do)

sgpa ~3.0 ucgpa~3.2, did a SMP. mcat 31-36 (multiple tests, most recent is my highest).
2 MD II (interviewed early and wl at both), 5 DO II (accepted at 3, turned down 2). non-URM, California resident, great EC (1000+ hours of volunteering, leadership positions, athlete, research in undergrad and full time with publications, working with the underserved, global outreach). still waiting to hear back from more schools

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
4 MD interviews and still about 10 schools silent (but not outright rejected!). 3.3 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 32 MCAT. I was a double major in the sciences, that gives me some excuse. (Really it was my horrible freshman general courses - too much chasing girls)

Reactions: 1 user
GPA < 3.3 (sGPA a little higher), MCAT > 34, somewhat unique ECs with fairly strong medical background, reapplicant: 9 MD II's and 1 DO II leading to 6 acceptances so far.

It can be done.

GPA < 3.3 (sGPA a little higher), MCAT > 34, somewhat unique ECs with fairly strong medical background, reapplicant: 9 MD II's and 1 DO II leading to 6 acceptances so far.

It can be done.
If you don't mind, URM or non-URM?

3.3 GPA, 3.2 sGPA, 3.8 graduate GPA all in the sciences. 31 MCAT
8 II, completed 7 interviews, 3 acceptances, 3 waitlists and 1 rejection. Headed to my top choice next year!
It can be done. Have hope!

edit: didn't realize I had already replied. In any case, best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
final recap of my app & cycle for yall--
  • 2013 grad, female, ORM, LM ~65
  • I applied with a ~3.3 GPA, 3.1 science and 3.5 other, from a "top" college. science GPA was abysmal for first 2 years, but strong upward trend incl postbac classes
  • took MCAT twice, first time was a total bomb sigh, I freaked out during. first time 30, second time 33. balanced each time
  • many years of research - summers, senior thesis, and full time after grad - one pub (but not first author)
  • some hospital volunteering, some shadowing (not that impressive compared to most applicants)
  • very solid & interesting ECs, volunteering; good recs
  • very strong application essays
  • applied to 30+ schools
  • 5 II's: two in October, one in early December, then one in late January + one in late February
  • first interview in November, accepted in December - was a school I liked, so I withdrew from the 2 later II's
  • thus far I only got accepted to that one, out of my 3 II's, but again it is one I'm very happy with or else I wouldn't have withdrawn from the other 2
  • the crown jewel of this cycle, my biggest shock, was an II to Duke! was rejected post-interview but still thrilled with the opportunity. like I said, though, essays were one of my strengths and I know Duke values essays
for purpose of anonymity I don't think I want to give any more detailed info, but feel free to pm me!

Reactions: 2 users
3.2 cGPA / 3.0 sGPA / 35 MCAT. 4 MD IIs --> 3 waitlists, 1 pending. Hopefully I get at least one acceptance out of those, but if not I'm happy with my acceptance at my top choice osteopathic school :)

Reactions: 1 users
I applied with just under a 3.3 cGPA, 3.15 sGPA, 3.8 post-bacc, and a 29 MCAT. I received 11 interviews (8 DO, 3 MD; attended 5 DO and 1 MD) and 4 acceptances (3 DO and 1 MD). I really believe my extensive volunteer work and community involvement helped me. My post-bacc also helped as it was 5 quarters of solid grades. There's no need to rush. I wanted to apply after the 3rd quarter of my post-bacc, but I decided to take the extra year, and I think it really helped me. It can be done!