Any Army Physician Assistants Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

torshi

Squirrel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if one could discuss their time in service and their experiences in terms of role.
Do O-1, O-2, O-3 Army PAs hold administrative/management roles for hospital departments and clinics? I would like to know the level of responsibility PA's have in the Army because I'd hope they hold greater roles rather than just a staff PA. I'm sure in the beginning that may be the case. I plan on transitioning to Army Reserves PA in the near future so I'd like to know the pros and cons in terms of PA military roles.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious if one could discuss their time in service and their experiences in terms of role.
Do O-1, O-2, O-3 Army PAs hold administrative/management roles for hospital departments and clinics? I would like to know the level of responsibility PA's have in the Army because I'd hope they hold greater roles rather than just a staff PA. I'm sure in the beginning that may be the case. I plan on transitioning to Army Reserves PA in the near future so I'd like to know the pros and cons in terms of PA military roles.

this isn't specific to PAs, but i think all mid levels have a shot at the big leagues in the armed forces. for example, the current hospital commander at madigan is currently a COL Nurse, who's prior assignment was chief of staff at walter reed.

a few years back a pa got awarded "flight surgeon of the year."

so like i said, work hard, and the sky's the limit so far as i know.