Any August MCAT-ers who took the April?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineForLife 777

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Reaction score
I know we haven't gotten our April MCAT scores yet, but I'm not too sure how well I did on it. So, I'm considering taking the August MCAT. I heard that some (or all?) schools will hold your application until they receive your August score if they know you will take it. The problem is that I don't want them to hold my application. I want them to evaluate me based on my April score anyways, then I can update them on my August score. Is this possible???

I've been reading previous postings, and someone recommended that we just not indicate that we will take the August MCAT. Then, notify the schools later after the scores come out.

Any opinions???

Members don't see this ad.