Any California love yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicinePowder

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't seem like anyone has posted an interview from a California program. You guys not applying to the California programs or are they just slower?
 
MedicinePowder said:
Doesn't seem like anyone has posted an interview from a California program. You guys not applying to the California programs or are they just slower?

I wish. I think one of the earlier post said they had heard from San Diego, but the Cali programs I've applied to I haven't heard from. Although, I am still waiting for 2 more LORs so that could have something to do with it too. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard from any of the places I applied to. 🙁
 
back when i applied, i didn't hear from california anesthesia programs until november, after the dean's letter was sent out. so i wouldn't worry about anything at this point.

addendum
ok, ok, my bad. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UC Davis offered interviews well before Dean's letters last year...nice little program.
 
I'm also waiting to hear from UCLA, UCSF and Stanford, but I added them well after I submitted my eras on the 2nd. A previous poster said they received a UCSD invite.
 
E'02 said:
I'm also waiting to hear from UCLA, UCSF and Stanford, but I added them well after I submitted my eras on the 2nd. A previous poster said they received a UCSD invite.

I got the UCLA-Harbor and USC interviews last week as well (don't care much for usc as i've heard from students thier and a resident that it's very weak in that they have to hand wrestle for blocks and that the PD apparently suffers from narsisistic personality disorder.

Seems like the other California schools like to come out late to play.

I'm curious what % of applicants each of the above programs interviews.
 
Harbor-UCLA and USC. Its seems like alot of people applied to the same programs on this site.
 
Can you all post your step 1 scores, research experience, whatever other stats that you are banking on for making your apps desirable? I'm an MSIII considering anesthesia next year and I wanna know what I need to compete with....

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm being a bit forward, but who gives a s#!+, you all have Cali interviews in OCTOBER, so let me know what's up... 😉
 
seems like UCLA has started sending interviews as two posters posted invites in the interview section. So to recap, thus far seems like only one person has heard from UCSD while two peeps recently heard from UCLA.

I'm starting to worry. However, my application isn't complete as two letter writers are dragging their asses!

Do the peeps who got the UCLA interviews have completed applications?
 
bump


shoneek said:
Can you all post your step 1 scores, research experience, whatever other stats that you are banking on for making your apps desirable? I'm an MSIII considering anesthesia next year and I wanna know what I need to compete with....

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm being a bit forward, but who gives a s#!+, you all have Cali interviews in OCTOBER, so let me know what's up... 😉