Any Chance of Getting Into Masters Program with Horrible Transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentaldreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I've been looking around on sdn for a while to see what the best route I should take to get accepted to dental school someday. My overall GPA is a 3.04 right now while my science GPA is a 2.89. My transcript is full of blemishes. I have 2 F's and 3 D's. I have an F Organic Chem 1 and General Chemistry 1 which I retook and got A's. And I have a D in Gen Bio 2,Cell bio, and Into to Computer Science. I retook Gen Bio 2 and Cell Bio and received A's. I have maintained a 4.0 for the last 3 semesters while taking classes such as biochemistry, histology, and organic chemistry 2. My DAT scores are Bio:21 Gen Chem:22 Org Chem:22 RC:24 QR:24 PAT:25 AA=23. I plan on applying to master programs but I'm unsure who would really accept me do to my bad grades in some of my prereg courses and also due to my GPA being so low. So what master programs would I have the best chance of being accepted into? I planned on applying to LECOM,Rugters, and Barrry but was unsure as most people I saw getting accepted on here had way better stats. Thank you all for your help and advice I really need it and appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine that you'd have no trouble getting into a master's program. Your DAT is stellar, and explaining your previous grades transitioning into a great upward trend in the essays will help. I reckon most people applying for master's programs are in a similar situation - taking graduate courses to show they can handle the rigor of dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not sure what you are worried about. A lot of these program accept people with way worse stats than you ( heck some people even got into Dental school with those stats ). I am currently doing a masters in Rutgers and I can grantee you will get in.

I think you will be fine getting into a Master's program. Also, great job on that upward trend, very impressive!!