Any chances for low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there.

Well, technically speaking, most schools require a minimum GPA of only 2.0 in order to consider you for admissions. However, I must say that with the fierce competition these days, it will be pretty hard for you to get much attention with such a low GPA.

Having said that, and now that you have realized that the admissions process is no "cake-walk", you need to rise up to your game.
Make yourself noticed. Get some attention.

For starters, you have a pretty decent Part I score.
How about TOEFL ?
What kind of experience do you have ?
When did you graduate ?
Don't make the popular mistake of looking at your application in a linear fashion. It's not just about numbers.

Go out and get some experience here in the USA. Volunteer work, dental assisting, lab technician and even research. In order to make up for your low GPA you need to prove your professional dedication all over again and show that you are willing to go that extra mile to accomplish your goals.
Also, I still would encourage you to go ahead and apply to whatever schools you were applying to. You really never know. Just don't get your hopes too high yet ...
There is no need to worry. Just be practical and realistic (if possible at all), and do not expect to get too many interviews during this application cycle. IT IS STILL OK. Most people do not get accepted anywhere on their first attempt, even though it may seem that way.

hi..i ogt gpa of 2.34 and i am preparing for admissions to dental school...do u think i have any chance of geting admission?and which are the universities which wud acept gpa of 2.3 and part 1 score ranging from 86-89?
please help me out..i am really very worried abt that..please..

Members don't see this ad.

well u re right,honestly speaking u mean that the chances are like 40% or less?
do u know any 1 who has been into chools wth gpa somewhere around this...
my toefle is ibt 82,but i am re appearing for it...and i know i wud make it much higer than this time....
yea,i am in a dental clinic working as a n asistant and in my home country i just had internship experience and 6 months rest more experience...then i came here..
i finished my internship last year in 2006 june....
i know abt the application thing,the key for attracting the universities,but honestly speaking,can they really acept persons with low gpa as mine?
Hi there.

Well, technically speaking, most schools require a minimum GPA of only 2.0 in order to consider you for admissions. However, I must say that with the fierce competition these days, it will be pretty hard for you to get much attention with such a low GPA.

Having said that, and now that you have realized that the admissions process is no "cake-walk", you need to rise up to your game.
Make yourself noticed. Get some attention.

For starters, you have a pretty decent Part I score.
How about TOEFL ?
What kind of experience do you have ?
When did you graduate ?
Don't make the popular mistake of looking at your application in a linear fashion. It's not just about numbers.

Go out and get some experience here in the USA. Volunteer work, dental assisting, lab technician and even research. In order to make up for your low GPA you need to prove your professional dedication all over again and show that you are willing to go that extra mile to accomplish your goals.
Also, I still would encourage you to go ahead and apply to whatever schools you were applying to. You really never know. Just don't get your hopes too high yet ...
There is no need to worry. Just be practical and realistic (if possible at all), and do not expect to get too many interviews during this application cycle. IT IS STILL OK. Most people do not get accepted anywhere on their first attempt, even though it may seem that way.

I would say more like 10% or less. Sorry if my being blunt upsets you, but you must know that I do not want to mislead you.

Continue doing what you're doing. Assisting is good. Repeat your TOEFL exam and start e-mailing some programs you are applying to. Ask them directly if there is any reason for them not to even consider/accept your application with your GPA. That may save you the headache of even applying there.

If you are ready to give up, now would be a good time. But if you want my opinion, you still have a shot. Not a good one, at least not this year, but with experience and dedication you will only improve your chances.

I think the only person I heard of being accepted here on SDN, actually had a lower GPA than yours (not sure). I think it was like 2.12.
You also must realize that not all FTD's post here on SDN, and only the ones with higher scores tend to be extroverted about their progress.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...ight=B.D.S-K.L.E+DENTAL+BANGLORE,INDIA&page=3

Post #68

nbde 1-92.
g.p.a-2.26
toefl-263
B.D.S-K.L.E DENTAL BANGLORE,INDIA.
WORK EXPERIENCE-2 YRS IN INDIA AND 2YRS AD DA IN NJ.
SCHOOLS APPLIED;NYU,BU,UPENN,UMN,BUFFALO,UDM.
INTERVIEWED AT BU,UPENN,UMN AND CALL FROM BUFFALO.
ACCEPTED AT-UPENN

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=263639&highlight=low+gpa+upenn

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=270638&highlight=upenn&page=2

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=270638

Let me know if you need anything else.

Good Luck.

well u re right,honestly speaking u mean that the chances are like 40% or less?
do u know any 1 who has been into chools wth gpa somewhere around this...
my toefle is ibt 82,but i am re appearing for it...and i know i wud make it much higer than this time....
yea,i am in a dental clinic working as a n asistant and in my home country i just had internship experience and 6 months rest more experience...then i came here..
i finished my internship last year in 2006 june....
i know abt the application thing,the key for attracting the universities,but honestly speaking,can they really acept persons with low gpa as mine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey NileBDS,
Can you also send me the list of schools that may increase my chances to being accepted to a dental school in the U.S, my gpa is also low, I have a b.s.c in chemisty, and would being Canadian affect my chances? Thanks so much for you time, and sorry for the inconvenience!

^__^

Oops I totally forgot to give my email in my earlier post for the list of schools that may consider low gpa [email protected] and thanks a million.... keep up the great job... you are very helpful and motivating!

Hi NileBDS,

Could please send the list of schools that accept low gpa. My gpa is low too.
[email protected]
thanks a lot

hi everyone,I am desperately trying to get into a dental coll.with agpa of 2.2
pl.give me the names of coll which accept low gpa's.my email id is [email protected]

Hello everyone.

I have received about 20 PM’s in the last 48 hours about what schools accept foreign trained dentists with low GPA’s.

To start off, I have to elaborate on a statement I made before.

This is what I said;

“ …. try and contact a local community college in your area or actually even university and ask them what "Science" based courses they would admit you to …. “

& “ …. I know 3 schools right off the bat that would consider your application with a low end GPA …. ”

When I said that I knew of several dental schools which would consider applications with low end GPA’s, I was referring to GPA’s in the low 2’s, not below it.

In other words, if you have a GPA lower than 2.0, try and improve it and pass at least 2.0 (low 2’s), then they would consider your application.

Let’s be honest, if a 2.0 GPA is a pass, what would that make of a 1.8 or even 1.99 ? You have to be realistic with yourself. Getting into an advanced standing program in the US and being up against hundreds and thousands of applicants is competitive to say the least. However, it is not impossible … you will just need to work hard for it, even if it means taking some additional courses in order to save your GPA and at least pass a 2.0.

Specifically what I was explaining to whoever asked the question was that s/he needed to take additional college courses or even masters level courses in order to improve her/his GPA and push past the 2.0 mark

S/he was asking of ways to “improve” her GPA. If you have a 1.87 ECE GPA, and you improve it, it will obviously not jump to a 3.5 or hardly even a 3.0. What it will do though, is pass the 2.0 (Pass) mark, in order for you to apply for advanced standing.

Now as for the list of the schools, I will not publish them here. If you need to know them please PM me and I will try to discuss that with you as soon as I have time for it.

I thought it might irritate any of the successful students who already have been accepted to any of those programs if I posted the names here.

I already spoke with the admission personnel at 2 of the programs I am referring to, and both have said clearly that they would not reject applications with low ECE GPA’s without review. Still, in order to be interviewed/accepted, you must have a strong application elsewhere (NBDE, TOEFL, experience and so forth).

They also said that they were fully aware that different schools from different countries may grade exams/transcripts differently and also may vary in regards to the scope and intensity of courses completed during dental school.

Note to most inquirers: Please be more active, and try pursuing this kind of information first hand and do the research yourself.

I personally do not believe everything I read on SDN, so I wouldn't take my word for it.

Good Luck !

Hi NileBDS,

Please, please, pleaseeeeeeee
Could please send the list of schools that accept low gpa. My gpa is low too.
[email protected]
thanks a lot

Hey swa74.
Yeah, I'm just wondering ... how did you make it out of dental school with a sub-2.0 GPA. Where did you graduate from ?
Anyways, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. DO NOT GIVE UP !
If I were you, I would call the admission offices of ALL the dental school advanced standing programs (or e-mail them) and ask them driectly, right in the face, if GPA's in general (not yours specifically) would negatively affect an application.
I know right of the back of my head of 3 schools which do not even factor in oversea GPA's for admission (PM me if you need to know more).
Otherwise, if your mind is set for the hygiene program, then I wish you the best of luck, and you will find plenty of imformative threads here on the pre-requisites/deadlines and so forth.
I hope it helps.
Good Luck.

wil you pls tell me the name of university who accept low gpa score.my email id is [email protected]
Thanks in advanse.pls email me .waiting for your reply.

Hi any one tell me how the ECE will work for failing marks! bcause my BDS course in india i failed one year in 1st and one and a half year in 2nd year, but 3rd and 4th year i got 2nd class.so please tell me what a do? How much i'll get gpa? is it will be bellow gpa3. I appreciate replys. please

only way to know for sure is after u get evaluation done, but like ur case most of the fellows have got it low only who couldnt clear in one go due to any reason.
all the best anyhow !

HELLO DOCKY!
can u pls share ur interview answer on this forum,cos it will help us aal with low gpa
how u explained to them in an interview for ur low GPA?what reason u gave for low gpa
i ll really aapreciate u if share ur answer
well i think i did my interview well. she asked me to tell about myself and as to why i am preferring nyu and not to forget she particularly asked me about my GPA and here i thought is my chance to explain and i think i did that really well :luck: . that was THE question i am waiting since long enough to anwser to a person in dental school ;) . but no one hasn't given me a chance except NYU.
Dr.Denise Estafan interviewed me and she was very nice and made me feel comfortable. later i asked her a couple of questions about the school, postgraduate oppurtunities and research oppurtunities for students.

Man, that is a really good school especially the technology and the latest equipment being used and the huge patient volume......... too good.
well when i called them on friday after the interview, they said that they have mailed a letter to me on thursday,just 2 days after the interview but didn't tell me the content of the letter. i might be getting the regular mail tomorrow and i am kind of :scared: anyway hoping for the best.

well julie the person i talked to and mailed to is Eugenia. she was very kind to respond immediately. well all the best hope for the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think low GPA can be compensated by work experience.

From work experience I mean volunteering or doing any masters programe with good GPA.

This will help in 2 ways:
1) Will add US experience in your application

2) & You will get recommendation from professors in US.

Hi any one tell me how the ECE will work for failing marks! bcause my BDS course in india i failed one year in 1st and one and a half year in 2nd year, but 3rd and 4th year i got 2nd class.so please tell me what a do? How much i'll get gpa? is it will be bellow gpa3. I appreciate replys. please
Hi

Ece caluculate gpa on the basis of grades, if you have A grade then 4 points ,B 3,C2,D1.A GRADE above 60%,B GRADE ABOVE 55 ,C ABOVE 50 AND D JUST 50,F MEANS FAILURE.iF YOU FAIL IN ONE SUBJECT THEY WILL PUT O,AND IF YOU REAPPEAR AND GET A GOOD GRADE THEY WILL CONSIDER THAT AND THE TOTAL AVERAGE WILL BE THE GPA.IF YOU GET GOOD SCORES IN ALL OTHER SUBJECTS AND IF 1 OR 2 FAILURES YOU DO HAVE CHANCE TO GET GPA ABOVE 3.DONT WORRY.there are lots of students who got admission with gpa below 3.but you have to work hard.THATS IT.

Thanks for your reply patata & gowri.
I have 3years work experience in india.My high school(10th std) aver 60%,Highersec(12th std) aver 51%. My dental carrier BDS 1st year 2paper i failed(one paper i took attempt twice), 2nd year again the same 2paper failed(one paper four times reappear(attempt)), but 3rd year 2nd class(54%) and final year 2nd class(59.57%) in indian average. In this scores am i get GRA over 3....?
Along with my document copies may i send original consolidated mark sheet(from college) too to ECE?

Hi endeavour,

I have heard that one thing that also matters is whether you have done your BDS fron private college or goverment college. If you have done from gov. collge ece usually gives nice GPA than private college.

No ,you have not to send your consolidated markcard to ece.You have to send your,(1) all four year marksheets of BDS,(2)degree certificate, (3)internship completion certificate, (4) 10th & 12th certificate
more information you can find on www.ece.org

Hi endeavour,

I have heard that one thing that also matters is whether you have done your BDS fron private college or goverment college. If you have done from gov. collge ece usually gives nice GPA than private college.

No ,you have not to send your consolidated markcard to ece.You have to send your,(1) all four year marksheets of BDS,(2)degree certificate, (3)internship completion certificate, (4) 10th & 12th certificate

from my experience and seeing things in sdn - private college students get better marks and their gpa is usually very good from ece compared to govt colleges

good luck

Thanks for your reply
what about the dental council certificate you don't want me to send to ECE? In ECE application asked about course complition year what to write in that? That means my BDS university degree certificate having excluding internship year(final year BDS exam appiered year). but dental council certificate having including internship year!
so which one i'll write on that ECE application? Either university nor state dental council certificate year? please let me know

you don't want me to send dental council certificate to ECE! And can i send my college original attempt certificate along with my documents because i had 1st and 2nd year attempt exams so ECE has to understand how many attempts i had? I appreciate your feedback
Hi endeavour,

hi there
i just read about people having low gpa n also how others have boosted them up.

i still havent done an ECE, i would like to know if consolidated marks cards would be accepted. I dont have my failed marks cards here with me and need to search them up back home in India but what if dont find them. will the consolidated marks card be accepted??

I have low GPA, 2.76. I am from India and a very good, competitive school (GDC). I had a General evaluation report from ECE done 6 yrs ago and was given a GPA of 3.41. My WES Course by course was 3.65. I am totally shocked at this new change of events for me. I am yet to take part 1 but confident that I can do well. I never had any back logs in Dental school and was a decent student. I cannot believe yet that my GPA is so low. I am in a state of shock. My wife who went to the same college with me and was my batchmate has 3.76 from ECE (a difference of 1.0). She did better than me but I am not sure if there would be such a huge difference. She graduated from BU and is currently working as a dentist.
Can anybody explain why there would be so much of disparity from ECE b/n General and Course by Course.?

Hi skabbaraju,
Don't get disappointed,I feel u have a pretty decent GPA eventhough I don't know why there is such a difference as u mentioned.Aim for a good score in part 1 & I 'm sure u can by the way u answer all those questions on the forum.I too am kind of in the same boat so its not only u.I 'm sure we all can do it!
Cheer up :)& Good luck!!:thumbup:

Hi skabbaraju,
Don't get disappointed,I feel u have a pretty decent GPA eventhough I don't know why there is such a difference as u mentioned.Aim for a good score in part 1 & I 'm sure u can by the way u answer all those questions on the forum.I too am kind of in the same boat so its not only u.I 'm sure we all can do it!
Cheer up :)& Good luck!!:thumbup:

Thanks Dude!!
Let's hope so. We can do what we can and I think thats the reality.
Anyway, good luck to you as well.

Has anybody got their GPA reevaluated from ECE.? and got it fixed.?
Any success at all, I was told that there should not be any change in the GPA from report to report (General v/s Course). This info has been provided by ECE themselves. I have sent an email to give them info about my case. Lets see what happens.

hi, i am also from india..i came here in jan 2006..before coming here i got my ECE report ..n my GPA was 2.86..After coming here i came to know that its low..so i got my GPA from WES ..and it was 3.83....then i was very frustrated with ECE report coz most of the schools accepts only ECE.. SO I eMAIL THEM SAYING i GOT A REPORT FROM wes WITH THE gpa OF 3.83 AND I WANT U GUYS TO REEVALUATE..AND THEY DID ..AND WITH IN A WEEK I GOT MY NEW ece REPORT WITH A GPA OF 3.82..
so i guess..it happens ..so do it..dont just let them go away so easily..
all the best
Has anybody got their GPA reevaluated from ECE.? and got it fixed.?
Any success at all, I was told that there should not be any change in the GPA from report to report (General v/s Course). This info has been provided by ECE themselves. I have sent an email to give them info about my case. Lets see what happens.

hi, i am also from india..i came here in jan 2006..before coming here i got my ECE report ..n my GPA was 2.86..After coming here i came to know that its low..so i got my GPA from WES ..and it was 3.83....then i was very frustrated with ECE report coz most of the schools accepts only ECE.. SO I eMAIL THEM SAYING i GOT A REPORT FROM wes WITH THE gpa OF 3.83 AND I WANT U GUYS TO REEVALUATE..AND THEY DID ..AND WITH IN A WEEK I GOT MY NEW ece REPORT WITH A GPA OF 3.82..
so i guess..it happens ..to do it..dont just let them go away so easily..
all the best

Chaku,
What did you ask them to do and what was your point like.?
Did you talk to them over the phone or email.?
I have seen posts prior to this one to get the GPA corrected but in vain. I have been trying to get in touch with ECE for a week now but was unable to get hold of any evaluators.? I am bugging them with emails for the timebeing.

Chaku,
I have seen posts prior to this one to get the GPA corrected but in vain. I have been trying to get in touch with ECE for a week now but was unable to get hold of any evaluators.? I am bugging them with emails for the timebeing.

Hi
actually there are a hell lot of people who have tried what Chaku has tried.All I can say is that he/she is one hell of a lucky person.I have seen myself and a lot of my friends who have had similar problems and the answers were not positive in any way. But I would love to know anything if you guys find out different.

I had just emailed them from the contact us section of ECE website..saying that i want to get it reevaluated because i am not satistfied with the gpa..and so I have also got the evaluation done from WES and they have given me a GPA of 3.83..so please reconsider my case and if u need I can even send you a copy of WES evaluation...I hope this helps. but get ur evaluation done with WES first so u will have something to contradict them as i did.
All the best
Chaku,

I had just emailed them from the contact us section of ECE website..saying that i want to get it reevaluated because i am not satistfied with the gpa..and so I have also got the evaluation done from WES and they have given me a GPA of 3.83..so please reconsider my case and if u need I can even send you a copy of WES evaluation...I hope this helps. but get ur evaluation done with WES first so u will have something to contradict them as i did.
All the best
Dude,
My ECE general Eval was 3.41, my WES Course-by-Course is 3.65. I have sent them this information yesterday but the lady who worked on my case responded back to my email saying that she will resend the email response that she had sent to me the day before. I never received any communication from her, infact when I called I was told that she was out of the office that day. Anyways, I have asked for an update again. Lets wait and see. (I feel like hiring an attorney and filling a suit against these folks.)

Folks,
This is what I found: ECE uses a flat standard scale for generating their reports, 65 and above is A, 58 - 64 is B, 50-57 is C. (This scale will be used for the whole country, India, unless there are any differences in Dentistry programs at other places). The scale that was used to grade my GPA in 2001 was taking a lower scale (60 and above = A) into consideration. This is the explanation that was given to me. That sounded logical to me and I had no more questions.
But obviously, this will highly affect a lot of us, especially people like me, because in our batch, we were given very low grades, the whole class. (mostly due to the professors). Subsequent batches were given better grades ofcourse. (for Ex, considering a total score of 150, : a person who scores 97 in all subjects gets a GPA of 3.0 and one who gets 98 will get a GPA of 4.0.? Is n't that something,?) funny though.

So bottomline is that this flat standard scale for the whole Country is definitely not fair but there is nothing we can do about it. It is what it is.
I truly believe that if we can score well in Part I and get interview calls, we can make a strong case if there are any questions asked about low GPA.
Hope this helps you folks.!

can somebody who has the list of dental schools that accept students with LOW GPAs, please send me the list.... i applied last year to only california and didnt get in.... i want to know if i have a chance this year, so I could apply again!.. thank you my e-mail is [email protected]

Post your status.... with gpa, so that some one can help you..... all the best

can somebody who has the list of dental schools that accept students with LOW GPAs, please send me the list.... i applied last year to only california and didnt get in.... i want to know if i have a chance this year, so I could apply again!.. thank you my e-mail is [email protected]

i want a list of dental schools that accept low averages. I have a science gpa of 2.1 and a cum of 2.4. But i still have science classes to take so hopefully my science will raise by the end of this year (20 units of science). If someone can please send me a list of schools that have low averages that you think i might have a chance, please let me know. Im taking my DATs this summer... hoping to do well! my e-mail is [email protected]. Please contact me if you have any information.

Folks,
This is what I found: ECE uses a flat standard scale for generating their reports, 65 and above is A, 58 - 64 is B, 50-57 is C. (This scale will be used for the whole country, India, unless there are any differences in Dentistry programs at other places). The scale that was used to grade my GPA in 2001 was taking a lower scale (60 and above = A) into consideration. This is the explanation that was given to me. That sounded logical to me and I had no more questions.
But obviously, this will highly affect a lot of us, especially people like me, because in our batch, we were given very low grades, the whole class. (mostly due to the professors). Subsequent batches were given better grades ofcourse. (for Ex, considering a total score of 150, : a person who scores 97 in all subjects gets a GPA of 3.0 and one who gets 98 will get a GPA of 4.0.? Is n't that something,?) funny though.

So bottomline is that this flat standard scale for the whole Country is definitely not fair but there is nothing we can do about it. It is what it is.
I truly believe that if we can score well in Part I and get interview calls, we can make a strong case if there are any questions asked about low GPA.
Hope this helps you folks.!
hi..im facing the same problem..my govt college gave us marks in 50's out of 100 esp in the final year subjects..ive got an evaluation of 2.44 and 2.53...
cannot do anything abt it...thats bcoz we would get low internal assesment marks from our college profs....so out of a batch of 100, only 4 or 5 students wud get marks in 60's on 100..
but how to explain this during the interview...what should be told to the people who r interviewing us?im sure people hv been accepted before..how hav they justified their gpa?pls explain..

hi..im facing the same problem..my govt college gave us marks in 50's out of 100 esp in the final year subjects..ive got an evaluation of 2.44 and 2.53...
cannot do anything abt it...thats bcoz we would get low internal assesment marks from our college profs....so out of a batch of 100, only 4 or 5 students wud get marks in 60's on 100..
but how to explain this during the interview...what should be told to the people who r interviewing us?im sure people hv been accepted before..how hav they justified their gpa?pls explain..
hi
read al the messages ....would lke to knoe whether there is absolutely any chance for a gpa of 1.28 for the dental admissions ...i am yet to take the part 1 scheduled for june 08
plz reply

hi
read al the messages ....would lke to knoe whether there is absolutely any chance for a gpa of 1.28 for the dental admissions ...i am yet to take the part 1 scheduled for june 08
plz reply

This is probably the most blunt answer you will receive. No.

If you ever want to become a dentist in the US, you will need to start all over again. What you need to do is enroll in a college/community college here in the US, complete your pre-dental requirements, take the DAT and apply for dental school here, as if it never happened before. 1.26 is absolutely shameful for any IDS program to even consider, given today's competition.

hi,

i have got my ECE done and my GPA is 2.33, can anyone pls tell me is it really bad to get it in to any dental school
i will quit studying as i have not taken exams
pls anybody let me know

hi,

i have got my ECE done and my GPA is 2.33, can anyone pls tell me is it really bad to get it in to any dental school
pls anybody let me know
with this attitude its gonna be hard to get into dental school.otherwise everything is possible.
read the whole thread u will get ur ans.

hi,

pls anybody let me know

hi..
dnt get discouraged..focus on getting a good score...and you should get admission...
dnt quit..are you frm a govt college in india?they give bad marks..generally..but inspite of that,
i know of my college students who used to fail in their BDS or get an ATKT..bcoz in our college, any one could flunk any subject..it used to be normal..but here..they have got admission
all the best..

Namratha,

Don't worry about your GPA. I suggest you get evaluated by WES and apply to all those schools which accept WES. ECE schools will still look at your application if you have a good score in your Nat'l Boards. (atleast an 84). If you want to do something with your GPA, taking a master's degree will help your application (I know Boston and NYU consider master's degrees in lieu of a bad GPA, provided you have a good NBDE score).

Its not a black and white journey, and its not easy at all, but it will be worth it when you get that seat. Don't listen to any of the harsh judgments that people WILL give you. Believe in yourself.

Bottom line: study like mad for your board exam this June. You will make it.

Cheers!
Just curious, does Master's in a non-health related field be considered.? I have a Master's from a good US University.

Let me know the schools accept WES evaluation report, does the wes accept school really equal cosider with ECE report candidates?Please name the schools will accepst WES report!!!!!!! I would realy appreciate your message.

Namratha,

Don't worry about your GPA. I suggest you get evaluated by WES and apply to all those schools which accept WES. ECE schools will still look at your application if you have a good score in your Nat'l Boards. (atleast an 84). If you want to do something with your GPA, taking a master's degree will help your application (I know Boston and NYU consider master's degrees in lieu of a bad GPA, provided you have a good NBDE score).

Its not a black and white journey, and its not easy at all, but it will be worth it when you get that seat. Don't listen to any of the harsh judgments that people WILL give you. Believe in yourself.

Bottom line: study like mad for your board exam this June. You will make it.

Cheers!

This is probably the most blunt answer you will receive. No.

If you ever want to become a dentist in the US, you will need to start all over again. What you need to do is enroll in a college/community college here in the US, complete your pre-dental requirements, take the DAT and apply for dental school here, as if it never happened before. 1.26 is absolutely shameful for any IDS program to even consider, given today's competition.
Hi Nile,

I have a GPA of 2.4, and would like to know the names of a few universities that have been known to allow students with a low GPA but good experienc. It will be much appreciated. Also I would like to know if you know about Canadian schools that have known to do the same.

Thank you,

Dental d

Hi Nile,

I have a GPA of 2.4, and would like to know the names of a few universities that have been known to allow students with a low GPA but good experience. It will be much appreciated. Also I would like to know if you know about Canadian schools that have known to do the same.

Thank you,

Dental d

I forgot to add my email address: [email protected].

Thank you once again.

hi nilebds
can u mail me the names of those schools which can accept low gpa students in their schools for dentistry advance dds programs
thanks my email is [email protected]

i would appreciate some advice..My stats are not that great..

my part 1 score is 86(aug 2008)and gpa is 2.34.Should i improve my part 1 for the last time...or enroll in a masters program to boost a better gpa?

Last edited: