Any Danger in Writing the Same Essays for Different Campuses of the Same School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I have a quick question regarding the essays for secondaries. Is there any danger in writing the same essay on applications for different campuses of the same school?
For instance, Midwestern has 2 campuses, one in Chicago and one in Arizona. I have written an essay for the Chicago campus which answers the question "Why do you think CCOM will offer you the osteopathic education you seek?".
Now I am filling out an application for their Arizona campus and the application asks the same question regarding why I think their school would offer the education I seek.
I am wondering if there are any dangers in me writing the same basic essay for both apps (with minor changes). Specifically what Im concerned about is that the same people will read both apps and I will look foolish for writing the same thing on 2 different apps. Is this possible, or are different campuses truly independent of each other so that the admissions board for 1 school would never see apps from the other school? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They have separate committees, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Agree w/ the person above. I applied to both CCOM & AZCOM. Used the same essays and etc. Had no problem, and received interview invites to both programs. Just remember to change your objective of your C.V. and essays if you mention the school by name.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys
I have a quick question regarding the essays for secondaries. Is there any danger in writing the same essay on applications for different campuses of the same school?
For instance, Midwestern has 2 campuses, one in Chicago and one in Arizona. I have written an essay for the Chicago campus which answers the question "Why do you think CCOM will offer you the osteopathic education you seek?".
Now I am filling out an application for their Arizona campus and the application asks the same question regarding why I think their school would offer the education I seek.
I am wondering if there are any dangers in me writing the same basic essay for both apps (with minor changes). Specifically what Im concerned about is that the same people will read both apps and I will look foolish for writing the same thing on 2 different apps. Is this possible, or are different campuses truly independent of each other so that the admissions board for 1 school would never see apps from the other school? Thanks.

My essays for AZCOM and CCOM were essentially the same. I just interviewed at CCOM.

2 cycles ago I interviewed at PCOM and was waitlisted and ultimately didnt get off the WL. I reapplied last cycle with the exact same AACOMAS and PS....I even had something written in there like "am finishing up grad school"...and by the 2nd time around I had finished grad school.

I got accepted obviously and interviewed on the FIRST day of interviews last year. So I really doubt it matters, and this shows you how random med school admissions are.