This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Banker2MD

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone else is coming from an IB or other finance background. I did 2 years in Middle Market IB within a Structured/HY muni group and I’m now in a corporate banking coverage group at a Bulge Bracket as an associate.

I was wondering how folks found the process. I have shadowing from when I did my undergrad degree, but it’s been difficult to do given the schedule particularly being in TMT where there seems to be a major M&A or LBO financing each week. The MCAT is similarly a struggle I’ve been averaging ~65 hour weeks and that has ticked up to ~100 with some of the transactions.