Any good jobs in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status Sciaticus

Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Any good jobs available in Texas?
All I am seeing are USAP/Envision that are starting in the low 300s/5-6weeks.
Looking to find a fair group, preferably doing own cases.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Job market in Dallas looks incredible. Lots of jobs that look like what you want.

Metropolitan anesthesia group in Dallas. Traditionally this was a hard job to get. I saw a position advertised a couple months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Metropolitan anesthesia group in Dallas. Traditionally this was a hard job to get. I saw a position advertised a couple months ago.
Listing said 300k 1099 for 3 years. Not really sure if thats accurate, but seems kind of low.
Job market in Dallas looks incredible. Lots of jobs that look like what you want.
anything in particular that sticks out? I've looked at DAA and Metro

Listing said 300k 1099 for 3 years. Not really sure if thats accurate, but seems kind of low.

anything in particular that sticks out? I've looked at DAA and Metro

I think deals like this (300-350k for 2-3 year partnership) are typical for traditionally competitive, traditionally lucrative MD-only practices in good locations. Whether those jobs are still worth the investment is anyone’s guess and a potentially very expensive decision depending on how the next 5-10 years play out.

Reactions: 1 user
Metro and usap are the only legit games in town… the rest are shady af or cover business that those two didn’t want. I had a very nice offer from metro but picked my usap division - it’s a better fit for me by far… but may not be for everyone. The divisions of usap vary greatly.

Say what you want about usap… haters gonna hate. But I couldn’t be happier - I bank, I work. Im not scared of the big cases and I play nice w others.
We stood up to uhc and won. We just got a nice dividend off the stock that was GIVEN to me when I made partner as a sign on bonus.

Reactions: 4 users
Metro and usap are the only legit games in town… the rest are shady af or cover business that those two didn’t want. I had a very nice offer from metro but picked my usap division - it’s a better fit for me by far… but may not be for everyone. The divisions of usap vary greatly.

Say what you want about usap… haters gonna hate. But I couldn’t be happier - I bank, I work. Im not scared of the big cases and I play nice w others.
We stood up to uhc and won. We just got a nice dividend off the stock that was GIVEN to me when I made partner as a sign on bonus.
How do you like living in Dallas?

I've literally never spent more than a night in Dallas, but my mentor from a far away state always identifies it as a fantastic place to live and work. I'm starting to see job offers come in and I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything as this is a time in my life where it would be easier to relocate.

How do you like living in Dallas?

I've literally never spent more than a night in Dallas, but my mentor from a far away state always identifies it as a fantastic place to live and work. I'm starting to see job offers come in and I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything as this is a time in my life where it would be easier to relocate.

Buc-ees is great so there's that

Dallas is a nice town- I’m happier now that a moved a little away from uptown - the weather is mostly good year round save a few weeks in summer when it’s too hot to do much outside. The cost of living and real estate prices have been amazing until recently…. The market here for anesthesia is pretty good.
Parts of town have a real homeless problem but I supposed that’s anywhere that the weather isn’t too bad.

Reactions: 1 users
USAP is still doing quite well and taking business away from other AMCs. Their model, while far from perfect, is the best one out of all the AMCs.