Any help is appreciated!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogidoc19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is your state of residence?

I'm honestly not sure... I am from CA and have lived there my whole life (parents still there) but have been on east coast for school/gap year and now post bacc but have moved 3 times. This august I will have been living in PA for a year so I could potentially be considered a resident there? It all confuses me and in all my research I have not been able to get a clear answer about whether or not I could be considered CA resident. It seems I could get in state tuition but for applicant purposes I would be considered OOS in CA?

I'm open to whatever will help my chances but my advisors were not even sure what to tell me as far as residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try some of the newer MD schools such as:
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
California University
If you qualify for PA residency apply to Geisinger-Commonwealth, Penn State, Drexel Temple and Jefferson.
You are competitive for the majority of DO schools so consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
PCOM (all 3 schools)
LECOM (all schools)
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July

Reactions: 1 user
You could try some of the newer MD schools such as:
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
California University
If you qualify for PA residency apply to Geisinger-Commonwealth, Penn State, Drexel Temple and Jefferson.
You are competitive for the majority of DO schools so consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
PCOM (all 3 schools)
LECOM (all schools)
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July

Thank you so much this is very very helpful! Do you think there is any reason to be concerned with a "new" medical school? I read some don't have federal aid which is an issue for me because I won't be able to pay without aid. I am intrigued by the new Kaiser school because I've been a member my whole life and love their physicians/style of medicine but am just unsure of how skeptical I should be of a new school. It seems kaiser would be the only one with its first class entering Fall 2019 with the rest being this fall. My post bacc (Penn) is apparently well-respected in PA so I will try to get residency and apply to every PA school that you listed. I have a vacation planned July 7th and will not allow myself to leave unless all Apps are done!

Obtaining federal loans could be an issue at some of the new schools opening this year and next year.

Reactions: 1 user