Any info on Richmond University medical center Staten Island IM program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Openfacesandwich

Reaction score
I recently got an invite for Richmond University medical center program for IM and I cannot find anything about it anywhere. There's no list of their PGY1 class for me to see what kind of applicants they're looking for and what kind of program they are. There's no schedules posted on their site and no info in general really about the program.

If anyone has any information about the program I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

oh man. Just you wait...

Okay kidding but not quite. It’s legit a “work an IMG to death but even after almost dying in the malignant atmosphere the resident still can’t get the program in trouble or risk losing their VISA status and thus leaving the country” kind of program. Obviously go to the interview and rank it, but you can probably do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's with New York and these kind of programs? Why would anyone want to go to New York? It's not just an IMG program thing. My program has IMGs and treats them very well.
Okay kidding but not quite. It’s legit a “work an IMG to death but even after almost dying in the malignant atmosphere the resident still can’t get the program in trouble or risk losing their VISA status and thus leaving the country” kind of program. Obviously go to the interview and rank it, but you can probably do better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

What's with New York and these kind of programs? Why would anyone want to go to New York? It's not just an IMG program thing. My program has IMGs and treats them very well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
yeah I dunno, it’s a jungle in NYC especially at a non-prestigious program with a culture of work, work, work til’ you drop.

yeah I dunno, it’s a jungle in NYC especially at a non-prestigious program with a culture of work, work, work til’ you drop.
Aren't there programs like this in North Jersey as well? Any names in Jersey to stay away from if at all possible?

Aren't there programs like this in North Jersey as well? Any names in Jersey to stay away from if at all possible?
If my north jersey you mean Newark, then yeah haha.