Any news from Stony Brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hl11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For those who interviewed in Jan, have you heard back from Stony Brook yet?

The wait is killing me. Please let me know if you got anything.

Good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad.

bump

Anyone have any info ?

interviewed late jan...got a letter yesterday saying i was waitlisted with a form to fill out if i wanted to be on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed late jan...got a letter yesterday saying i was waitlisted with a form to fill out if i wanted to be on it.

I am sorry to hear that, but a waitlist is better than a rejection and you never know what will happen.

I still haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully i'll hear something soon. God i like the school so much and really want to go there.

At this point of time, I am not sure if they actually have some real spots or we were all interviewed for a waitlist. I am scared.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Some people in my class didn't find out about their acceptances until the beginning of June. I don't know when they interviewed. What may help is to make a game plan based on various outcomes and work from there. Hang in there! You never know what's going to happen.

I am wondering if anyone who were interviewed in Jan or Feb got an acceptance?

Anyone want to share??

..bump..

Anybody else hear recently? Or has anybody tried calling lately? I know from SDN that at least one waitlist and one rejection have gone out lately and I doubt those things are usually sent solo. I am thinking they're going to reject me but I haven't received anything yet, and I'm afraid to call lol.

..bump..

Anybody else hear recently? Or has anybody tried calling lately? I know from SDN that at least one waitlist and one rejection have gone out lately and I doubt those things are usually sent solo. I am thinking they're going to reject me but I haven't received anything yet, and I'm afraid to call lol.

I am afraid that they are going to reject me too. Today after I got home from work I got two rejection letters, both are saying that the classes have been filled. I mean I understand my chances are very tiny since it is very late in the cycle already, but I am still very upset.

To give you a little info, I called the office this morning on my way to work and Ms. Berry said a letter was sent out to me last Friday so hopefully I'll be getting it either tomorrow or on Thursday (obviously I didn't get it today and I was very tense the whole day at work).

To you, i think it doesn't really matter now since you are accepted to New Jersey Dental School already. For people like me who don't know where to go during the whole waiting game, one interview invitation or acceptance just means so much. Good luck to all these people.

To you, i think it doesn't really matter now since you are accepted to New Jersey Dental School already. For people like me who don't know where to go during the whole waiting game, one interview invitation or acceptance just means so much. Good luck to all these people.

While I am certainly extremely grateful for all of my interviews and acceptances, Stony Brook still is highly important to me, so it does still matter. Like many here, I've worked hard to get where I am and to earn myself the handful of interviews and acceptances I have. I think I have a right to still care, despite the fact that I am fortunately holding a seat at NJDS. I am a reapplicant who got zero interviews (hence, zero acceptances) last year, so I know what it feels like to be left hanging without anything at this point in the cycle. It's what pushed me to improve my application this time around.

Of all of the schools I have interviewed at to date, I fell most in love with Stony's location and program. (I'm a suburbanite; I liked the city of Stony Brook much better than Newark, right down to the fact that it's an extra few hours away from my family, lol.) If I do get in, NJDS vs. Stony Brook will be absolutely the most difficult decision I'll ever have to make in my life (to date, at least, lol). I have more to consider now than just location and program -- some personal things. And as tempted as I am to start debating this now, I'm going to wait til I have a solid acceptance or rejection in my hands to make my final decision. NJDS is the school I've deposited at and will go to if I don't get into Stony, for sure.

Thank you for the head's up regarding calling the office of admissions. Here's to hoping that they mailed me something as well on Friday and that I get it tomorrow. :xf:

While I am certainly extremely grateful for all of my interviews and acceptances, Stony Brook still is highly important to me, so it does still matter. Like many here, I've worked hard to get where I am and to earn myself the handful of interviews and acceptances I have. I think I have a right to still care, despite the fact that I am fortunately holding a seat at NJDS. I am a reapplicant who got zero interviews (hence, zero acceptances) last year, so I know what it feels like to be left hanging without anything at this point in the cycle. It's what pushed me to improve my application this time around.

Of all of the schools I have interviewed at to date, I fell most in love with Stony's location and program. (I'm a suburbanite; I liked the city of Stony Brook much better than Newark, right down to the fact that it's an extra few hours away from my family, lol.) If I do get in, NJDS vs. Stony Brook will be absolutely the most difficult decision I'll ever have to make in my life (to date, at least, lol). I have more to consider now than just location and program -- some personal things. And as tempted as I am to start debating this now, I'm going to wait til I have a solid acceptance or rejection in my hands to make my final decision. NJDS is the school I've deposited at and will go to if I don't get into Stony, for sure.

Thank you for the head's up regarding calling the office of admissions. Here's to hoping that they mailed me something as well on Friday and that I get it tomorrow. :xf:

Sorry for my previous statement on how you may not care, i take it back. But i do wish you will choose New Jersey DS b/c if so, we'll have a spot open if you do get accepted or we won't need to worry about another strong competitor like you. hahaha

So, I didn't get anything in the mail today. I'm too much of a wuss to call and ask about my status again. Maybe I'll give in and call later and see if they have indeed sent me anything.

So, I didn't get anything in the mail today. I'm too much of a wuss to call and ask about my status again. Maybe I'll give in and call later and see if they have indeed sent me anything.

you may want to call the office if you are not sure about it, but I am sure they have sent out letters to all the interviewees b/c regardless what, they still need to send you a letter even if you are rejected.

i have a feeling that i don't want to get the letter today since i am kind of having a bad day today and don't want the letter to add more pressure to me today.

good luck and i believe they won't forget anyone who was interviewed already.

Hey just to give you a head's up, I didn't get my letter today either. So if you haven't called, maybe wait until tomorrow. How come the mails are coming so slowly?! But i am a little happy cuz like i told you before, i don't want to get it today!

maybe tomorrow?

Anyone else got anything yet? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee share!

I interviewed in the beginning of February and I still haven't heard anything from Stony yet. Did anyone get any type of notice from them yet?

i got a rejection. that's it.

i think everyone got their status notice, and if you haven't, you should call.

bummer - sorry to hear that

any movement on the waitlist? any updates

I got a big fat rejection lol

Can't win them all :(

Best of luck to all of those still in the game :thumbup:

yeah, it is very tough to get into stony brook. I like it so much but whatever. I am accepted to Tufts and will be attending there. It actually is good b/c it turned out that I like Tufts a lot too.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the waitlist, or will be soon?