Any non-science majors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedypear

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Just wondering if there is anyone here who was NOT a science major? It seems like they are quite rare in these parts....my major is hardly science-related and I'm beginning to feel insecure...I would like to eventually apply to pharmacy school, although it might take me longer than others. Please post in this thread if your major was not in the sciences to relieve my insecurities :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have a degree in Telecommunications. That was before I decided to go into pharmacy... then when I finally decided it was my fourth year of college, running out of money... I wanted to finish with some kind of degree instead of go through all those years of schooling and show up with nothing. So, telecommunications was the thing I was closest to finishing, so that's what I got. I think its better than not having a degree at all, but of course, a B.A. can't compare with a B.S.

Hello!

Just wondering if there is anyone here who was NOT a science major? It seems like they are quite rare in these parts....my major is hardly science-related and I'm beginning to feel insecure...I would like to eventually apply to pharmacy school, although it might take me longer than others. Please post in this thread if your major was not in the sciences to relieve my insecurities :)

I have my B.A. in Anthropology but while earning my degree at UF took the pre-reqs for pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a BA in French. P1 at UAMS now.

I have B.A in Psychology and I got accepted to Midwestern, LECOM and got recently interview reuest from Temple.

BS in Information Systems.

hey,
i was a economics and history major. i did my prereqs after i graduated at a community college. and my sci gpa wasnt even high- a 3.25 (but it was 3.15 when i applied). and i got into Nova, touro and pacific U. during the Nova interview, they were impressed cuz i have such a balanced background due to the non science majors. and my gpa for those majors werent too high either. hope that helped.

I will be attaining a B.S. in Health Care Administration this May and I will be applying for Fall '08 admission.

B.S. in Marketing. If you do well on your pre-pharm coursework as well as the PCAT, you will stand out compared to other applicants because you will have displayed the ability to be adept in the sciences and bring others skills and background to the table as well. What was your non-science major speedypear?

BS in computer engineering. I was worried because my undergrad GPA wasn't so great (2.97), but I did well taking pre-reqs and I've ended up with several interviews so far.

I have a BA in psych/English and will finish pharm school in 2 1/2 months. I think it can be an asset to have a different style of training than all of the bio and chem majors. :thumbup:

BS in Business here from a UC.

BA in Economics here from UCLA! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my bachelor is business administration.

I have a B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology

BS Interior Design. Accepted at 2/2 schools - Minnesota and Creighton distance-based.

BA in Liberal Studies (Elementary Education)

doubled in theater and integrative biology

i don't think my applications would have stood out if it wasn't for that theater B.A.

music major.

I am currently a Sociology Major and Biology Minor I am fitting all my other pre-reqs in 1 pre-req science course a semester and in summer school.

I have a BA degree in Classics - means Greek and Latin.:)

I have a BS in Computer Science

I have a Bachelors of Integrated Studies degree. (Many other Universities, besides the one I graduated from, offer this or something very similar to it and may instead call it Interdisciplinary Studies or University Studies.) It is somewhat similar to a liberal arts major.

I was accepted by both schools that I applied too!

I will have a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies after April, although I knew I wanted pharmacy all along and, thus, designed my degree around that fact.

Essentially, my degree is a Liberal Arts degree with a focus on biology and chemistry.

I have a BA in Psychology from the University of Southern CA (USC) and have gotten interviews at UCSF, USC, UOP, and Western... turned down by UCSD... so I don't think it works against you! Well... we'll see... :D

I have a BS in Public Relations and was accepted to Pacific University. If you can explain how your BS is going to help you in pharmacy, you're good to go. Plus if you have a BS in something other than a science major, it sets you apart kind of since majority of the people applying will have a science degree.

I have a BA in Urban Studies & Planning from UCSD, I worked at a law firm for 6 years after graduating, and I've been taking prerequisites at community colleges now for a few years. So far I've had an interview at UCSF. I think the diverse experiences make for a more well-rounded applicant.

I have a degree in Finance

Degree in Criminology and Psychology. They will definitely consider a non science major if you have strong pre-req grades, essay, references, experience, volunteer work, etc. First step is to look good on paper and than the next step is to present yourself well in the interview. The interview will " :) make or break":( you. I have gotten into Lecom (FL) and MCHPS (WOR).

BS in Mechanical Engineering. Sort of science, more physics really. Worked as an engineer for 8 years and now I am in the middle of changing my career to pharmacy. I just got into MCPHS-Worcester for Fall 2007. Get great pre-req grades, recommendations, and explain everything very well in your essay and interview. If you have been working, the experience/resume usually helps alot. Also, if possible, work in pharmacy, even if it's part time.